Post-Cruise Final Billing Question

rbp3072

We returned from our last cruise on Sunday. As of right now, my CC still has not been charged anything?

I do not recall it taking this long on our previous two cruises. HAL/Mariner Society has already updated my status, to include the onboard spending, so I know nothing was lost on that end at least. I'm just surprised it is taking this long, (not that I would complain about a 'free' cruise, haha, but would like them to post the charge so I can pay it off).

Have I just been lucky the previous times in Seattle doing their final auditing and charges quickly in the past, or has it been long enough that I should give them a call? (I don't want to stir up a nest and have the reverse happen, and get charged twice either if they're just running slow on things this week).

For our last two cruises (Dec, Sep) the charges were posted to our cc within 2 days of disembarkation ... and we used two different cards. But IIRC there was one cruise when the charges weren't posted for 4 or 5 days. I would wait maybe another week before doing anything.

Edited by jtl513

Update -

Thanks for the input. I gave it until today, and just called HAL to see what the scoop was. It still had not been processed, and they think they figured out why....

During our check-in for the cruise, the agent only placed a hold for one person, (not both of us). So the auditor on the ship caught it, and had a second hold/preauth done on my Amex that first night for the difference. For whatever reason, their automated system spent the following three nights placing additional holds. I found out after I got an email from Amex the fourth day for the activity. The HAL system was placing increasingly higher holds each night, (roughly 1200, 1400, 1800).

The front desk blamed Amex, Amex blamed HAL, blah, blah, blah. The night auditor ended up freezing the in-house system to stop any future holds from being placed as a stop-gap fix.

Because of that freeze still being in place, the system didn't actually submit my final statement for processing. Seattle was able to manually fix it when I called in under 5 minutes, and it is already reflected on my Amex account.

Yay! (Seattle did say it's a known issue that they have been investigating in case it happens to anyone else).