Never look a gift bottle in the mouth!

Pet

Hi - In the past we have usually purchased a wine only drink package - one bottle for each night in the dining room, but understand that these are no longer available on the ships as a package.

The RCCL website offers the opportunity to "gift" a selection of bottles of wine to either your stateroom or dining room starting from about £19 ($27). Not sure if this includes the gratuity and wondered if anyone knew if this offers a better deal than simply purchasing bottles from the restaurant on a daily basis? :)

Many thanks

Pet

I am going back and forward between this and 1 person drink pack and 1 person pay as we go - I would like to reduce the on board $ costs especially as the £ is low. So I think it may be better to pay ahead due to the exchange rate.

Did you recognize any of these wines if so any recommendations

We did this for our celebrity cruise no grats on the wine bought as a gift so I have ordered 16 bottles and saved a lot of money, I don't know if it's the same with rccl we have also bought OBC at an exchange rate of $1.67 again if you can with royal its a good buy

We did this for our celebrity cruise no grats on the wine bought as a gift so I have ordered 16 bottles and saved a lot of money, I don't know if it's the same with rccl we have also bought OBC at an exchange rate of $1.67 again if you can with royal its a good buy

wow-:eek: how did you buy the on board credit? -

Sorry for my ignorance, how do you buy OBC? Never knew you could pre purchase it?

Thanks

I am going back and forward between this and 1 person drink pack and 1 person pay as we go - I would like to reduce the on board $ costs especially as the £ is low. So I think it may be better to pay ahead due to the exchange rate.

Did you recognize any of these wines if so any recommendations

Here's an extract from the "gift" list on the RCCL website with the wines that we would select highlighted. Some are available on-board in the MDR and others don't appear to be. Those that are appear to work out a few pounds cheaper per bottle when gifted, which apparently doesn't include gratuities but I guess that varies depending on the rate of exchange which I worked out as $1.41 to the pound. If the pounds higher then so much the better. Happy drinking. Couldn't see where you can buy OBC but haven't rung RCCL.

Pet

Red Wines

Item# 1228 Fumé Blanc, Robert Mondavi Winery £23.80 GBP

Item# 1234 Cabernet Castle Rock £18.50 GBP

Item# 1321 Estancia, "Pinnacles Ranches" £26.70 GBP

Item# 1323 Arboleda, Carmenere, Chile £26.00 GBP

Item# 1324 Malbec Bodega Norton £28 ($40) £24.00 GBP

Item# 1325 Bodegas Sierra Cantabria Rioja £30.80 GBP

Item# 1326 Cabernet, Sequoia Grove £42.50 GBP

Item# 1327 Meritage Spring Valley, Uriah £58.20 GBP

Item# 1331 Merlot Clos Du Bois, Sonoma £26.70 GBP

Item# 1349 Cabernet Sauvignon, Robert Mondavi £39.70 GBP

Item# 1365 Caliterra Tributo Cabernet £24.00 GBP

Item# 1386 Shiraz, Rosemount Estate, South Eastern Australia £28 ($40) £24.00 GBP

£15.80 GBP

Item# 1432 Zinfandel, Ravenswood £24.00 GBP

£24.70 GBP

Item# 1453 Merlot, Mont Gras Reserva £24.00 GBP

Item# 1454 Pinot Noir Penfolds £47.20 GBP

White Wines

Item# 1229 Sauvignon Blanc Kim Crawford ££55 ($77) £26.70 GBP

Item# 1230 Chardonnay Castle Rock £23 ($33) £18.50 GBP

Item# 1231 Chardonnay Mer Soleil £40.40 GBP

Item# 1232 Viognier, Cline £24.70 GBP

Item# 1233 Albarino, Paco & Lola Spain £30.80 GBP

Item# 1237 1. Barons De Rothschild, Lafite $40 £26.70 GBP

Item# 1241 Chatreau St. Michelle Riesling £19.90 GBP

Item# 1285 Chardonnay, Penfold's, South Eastern Australia £24.00 GBP

Item# 1295 Sauvignon Blanc, Caliterra, Valle Central, Chile £19.90 GBP

Item# 1308 Pinot Grigio, Danzante, Italy £22.60 GBP

Hi - In the past we have usually purchased a wine only drink package - one bottle for each night in the dining room, but understand that these are no longer available on the ships as a package.

The RCCL website offers the opportunity to "gift" a selection of bottles of wine to either your stateroom or dining room starting from about £19 ($27). Not sure if this includes the gratuity and wondered if anyone knew if this offers a better deal than simply purchasing bottles from the restaurant on a daily basis? :)

Many thanks

Pet

Great idea as we normally take the 'wine & dine' package and do not want to purchase a drinks package.

Thanks for the reminder