St. Croix. What's Happened To It?

rickcop44

My wife and I are veteran cruisers, but have spent the past few years in places other than the eastern Caribbean. We've decided this year to head back to that part of the Caribbean in January. One of our favorite islands to visit has always been St. Croix. But when I checked cruises, I couldn't find any on our favorite cruise lines that stop there anymore. Has St. Croix fallen out of favor with the cruise lines? I believe I found one cruise line, Sea Dream, that stops there. Every other cruise line ignores this little jewel. What's happened to St. Croix???

Drugs, crime, and crime against tourists were some of the major reasons cruise lines stopped going there.

St. Croix lost a lot of revenue from the loss of tourist $$$$. They have started cleaning up their act as a result. Time will tell...........

My husband and I were on the Radiance of the Seas on Eastern Carib cruise in January, and we made an unscheduled stop at St. Croix one evening for refueling. Passengers were allowed to go into St. Croix for a few hours, but were cautioned to stay near the pier.

We opted to stay on the ship.

We have been to St. Croix and really had a great time - too bad ships don't stop there anymore! It was one of our favorite ports. We didn't witness any crime and felt safe. I suppose times have changed - we were there in 2002.

We have been to St. Croix and really had a great time - too bad ships don't stop there anymore! It was one of our favorite ports. We didn't witness any crime and felt safe. I suppose times have changed - we were there in 2002.

We sailed in 2002 in September. St Croix was on the list when we booked but over the course of that summer is when cruiseships dropped that port of call.

Even the reviews coming from thre were real bad and I was kinda worried about going there. I know there is a way to access old archives from cruise critic I just dont know how.

Archived