Attention all Military Fare Lovers

crusinsteve

:D Just booked the Elation for January 28th out of Galveston for a five day Saturday thru Thursday, and got a rate including all taxes for a reserved Catagory 5A for $287.00 per person. A 4A on Riveria deck reserved was $276.00 per person including all fees and taxes. This is about $55.00 per day per person. Try getting even a hotel for that price. Who else wants this price. I booked through Carnival direct.:D

Crusinsteve in Texas

25 cruises down

hundreds to go.

:D Just booked the Elation for January 28th out of Galveston for a five day Saturday thru Thursday, and got a rate including all taxes for a reserved Catagory 5A for $287.00 per person. A 4A on Riveria deck reserved was $276.00 per person including all fees and taxes. This is about $55.00 per day per person. Try getting even a hotel for that price. Who else wants this price. I booked through Carnival direct.:D

Crusinsteve in Texas

25 cruises down

hundreds to go.

I just wish they had the military discounts available on the closer sailings! We lost our fabbo Elation discount (about $62/day) when we switched over to the Conquest after getting canceled ($89/day). Way to go, Steve! Good for you!

We went from a 5a cabin to a 4a guarantee and paid $505 more. They gave us $100/pp sail & sign credit, but I still had to pay that $200. So technically after the S&S credit, we paid $300 more.

There were just no military fares available on a sailing this close to departure, I guess. :(

Rose, that is a bummer, but at least you're still on a cruise. Just a few less "foo-foo" drinks with the umbrella's. I can't for the life of me understand why some of the folks in the Astrodome are refusing free room service and maid service as well as hot cooked meals to stay in a dome where there is no privacy.

Steve

Rose, they are available on the 5 day cruise. We got ours changed to a 5 day (from a 7 day)for a 6d for $269 (military rate)+ tax. We will miss 2 days but still on the Elation and we got some money back as well as the credit. I see where it is available on the 10/31 cruise, I think.

Yay, Versley! Glad to hear you made it onto a cruise and didn't have to pay out of pocket, I'm sorry you'll be missing your two days but glad you made it!

We'll be okay with our new Conquest cruise. I think we'll adjust. If anything it'll be going places we've never been before, and when things even out somewhere down the road we can make the Mexico cruise when the Elation or another ship is back to the 7-day Mexico itinerary.

Congrats!

We were unable to use our Military discount. We were on Elation and paid to go to Conquest.Happy to be going already had air and hotel.

But I thought we should be able to get the discount since it was a act of God.

We too were bumped from a 7 day elation cruise on 10/09. When I called carnival I said find me the first cruise that still has military discounts. The Conquest doesn't have any till Feb 06, so we got the Ecstasy/Elation 5 day on 10/22. Purchased a 6A guan on Sun ($240pp) and we got our room assignment today, upgraded to a 6D:p . We are getting money refunded so we look at it as $$ saving (less parking, less gratuities, less foo foo drinks, etc:D ). Tried to make the best out of a bad situation. Since this is our first cruise we figured we only needed 5 days, that way if we don't like it (god forbid!!!) then we saved money. Ha Ha.... funny how my brain works sometimes

Archived