Carnival Evacuees

Queenie2

I didn’t really want to post this on the main board because there is some hostility there regarding Carnival’s decision to lease three of their ships to the feds for Hurricane Katrina Evacuees. But I figured since we all know how hard it is to come by accessible cabins (even for a week) then there would be more understanding to this issue here.

The bottom line is, it’s essential that the accessible housing aboard these ships goes to people who are disabled. Pass the word.

http://emerginghorizons.com/blog/2005/09/more-on-cruise-ship-evacuee-housing.html

Candy

:confused: Word is out: Not one Katrina guest wants to go on those boats. People just do not want to go near the water, much less stay on a ship. They don't want to be removed again unless it is for some kind of housing or apartment. I really can't blame them. So was the money paid to Carnival for lost business? The big ship from New Orleans leaves out of Galveston starting September 25th. Nice cruise to Jamacia, Grand Caymen, and Cozumel. Frankly, it is Texas Cruiser's gain because we usually get the older ships.

Meirah and Alba

Houston and Clear Lake, TX

Archived