Grand Cayman and Cozumel

Southern2atea

It's been a while since I have been to either of these ports. What are some must see and must do while there? We will have a 1/2 day in GC and a full day in Cozumel. Between the two ports we want to do the following:

1. Beach and snorkel time

2. History and Culture (like the mayan ruins etc)

3. Eat authentic and local food (we both LOVE mexican/ yucatany food)

Any advice would be helpful. I am OCD when it comes to planning before our trip. Tripadvisor says a lot of things but I would like to here from other Carnival fanatics!

Thanks y'all!

My DH & I just did the Stingray, Reef & Rumpoint with Native Way Watersports in Oct and had a blast! Stingrays were great. Water was too rough that day to get close to the reef with our boat so just did some snorkeling nearby. On way to Rumpoint stopped to see starfish. The others in our boat had paid for that and it was on our way. Great fun. We stayed on boat since we hadn't paid for that excursion but our guide brought up starfish for us to see and hold. Lunch was delicious. Definitely recommend.

If it's just adults (18 or older) I suggest Cozumel Bar Hop. You get a great tour of the "other side" and great offerings of food & drink. They have a website. Making our 2nd hop in May and can't wait!

We have done the Hop & totally enjoyed it :) . You get to see the remote areas & the views are awesome. Great fun tour that stops at four different bars ! Lots of reviews on Trip Advisor.

Tuluum ruins through Carnival excursions. It's an all day excursion and the ruins are on the turquoise Caribbean Sea - I loved every second & in fact I'm going again with my best friend in October -

If you are into history, the Tulum tour is a must do, IMO. First time to Cozumel, I did this tour & found it informative. The tour does take most of your day , but was worth it to me.

Grand Cayman I did the Stingray City tour where you can get out of the boat into the ocean to swim with the Stingrays. Another time in Grand Cayman we did a city tour that included the Blow Holes on the way to Rum Point Beach area & had a yummy lunch there.

There are a bunch of excursions to choose from, depends on what you prefer to do. Hope you have a great cruise :) !!

Cozumel --- do either the Tulum or Coba ruin tours. Both are on the Mainland so you have to take the ferry over, then bus to the ruins. Tulum is much more touristy, and much smaller and less important site, but some people love it because it is picturesque and sits on a cliff overlooking the water. Coba is more important Mayan city and spread out in the jungle with only a few dozen structures excavated, rest are covered with growth still. Coba has the highest pyramid in Yucatan, and I think you can still climb it. You cannot touch or climb anything at Tulum, it is all roped off.

Food.... Mayan Yucatan food is excellent, you can get some at either option.

If it's just adults (18 or older) I suggest Cozumel Bar Hop. You get a great tour of the "other side" and great offerings of food & drink. They have a website. Making our 2nd hop in May and can't wait!

I agree. I'll be hopping for the 3rd time in December. Tons of fun whether you drink or not.

ImageUploadedByForums1427039822.487124.jpg.872a1cb0f63a455e930a9df7be6d483b.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1427039678.701924.jpg.0d8f77330b387d88f4d70510716e1aca.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1427039712.931572.jpg.5ab371fcc9200df5db6c88aefa9e94d0.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1427039734.446193.jpg.3424f48d4247776714654d5c0367e0b6.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1427039760.906023.jpg.44981d9701b8de7815ed486b273030bf.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1427039784.650911.jpg.fcf6c6600cbb2e2b20edda188e77ca0b.jpg

Edited by carolinaviking71208