Disney fantasy cat 7a cabin 5524

javier1124

We booked a 7 day eastern disney fantasy cruise . We received our cabin number 5524 and most reviews on this type of cabin were bad. The reviews are not recent so Is there anyone that has recently gone on this cruise with the same or similar room or know of anyone?

What do you mean by "bad?" All of the aft cabins have some thruster noise while docking..which lasts a few minutes So 3 or 4 episodes lasting typically less than 5 minutes each--less than 20 minutes of "noise" out of a 7 day cruise has never been enough to bother me. Are you talking about the balcony? That's part of the category. Something else?

I've found stateroom reviews to be notoriously inaccurate. I've had way more noise from the occasional noisy neighbor than from any "noisy" cabin.

The cabin itself will be fine, however there are two possible concerns to be aware of. You are directly above the main theater, so when shows are going on, occasionally you will hear them. Also, a forward cabin is more prone to motion than a mid ship or aft cabin. You are on a lower deck so that does lessen the movement a little if you encounter rough sea.

By the way this is not just my opinion, it's a fact on any ship, just Google it. If you are affected by motion sickness you want to be on the lowest deck mid ship, followed by aft and the least favorable is forward on an upper deck. Most people are fine anywhere, but if the seas are rough even cruising on the latest mega ship it does make a difference if motion sickness comes into play with anyone in your party.

I just read OP's post again...you said you received your cabin number. Your phrasing made me wonder whether you did a VGT booking. IF that is the case, you got a significant price reduction in exchange for agreeing to accept any cabin that DCL assigned. If that's the case, there is nothing you can do about it. Smile and decide that you're going to have a great cruise and don't let another's opinion influence you. If there is actually something wrong with the cabin that cannot be repaired in reasonable time, they will move you. Otherwise not.

If you did some other type of booking and did not choose your cabin at the time of the booking, you might be able to change it now. Contact your TA if you want to pursue this option.