Copenhagen hotels and chip&pin credit cards (lack thereof)

We will have prepaid our precruise hotel package (Crowne Plaza) through NCL. We do not have chip & pin credit cards (more likely to have chip & signature, or a debit card with pin but no chip). I expect the hotel will want a credit card for incidentals and stuff. Are hotels (particularly an international airport hotel) more flexible with credit card acceptance? We'll mainly use cash elsewhere in our journey.

I could contact the hotel but this is for September and I'm only starting my planning. Just wondering if hotels are generally more accepting than other retailers.

Edited by AWENINAZ

I have a chip & pin card, and at hotels, I'm very rarely asked for the PIN. They almost always need you to sign the bill anyway to confirm that you agree with the charges, especially for things like room service or mini-bar charges.

Unless you were staying at an unstaffed ultra-budget hotel with automated check-in (which it does not sound like you are), I can't imagine them not being to handle a swipe & sign credit card. Even more so that it's an airport hotel, since they would need to cater to people just passing through and overnighting between flights!

We had no problems using our U.S bank credit card without the pin. However they don't always work at public transportation ticket stations. we needed to see a real person to buy tickets. But we used the cards at all businesses including hotels. restaurants and stores. We carry some local currency for smaller purchases and meals. No hotel will turn you away with a non pin card.