Dress code on the Epic

V642

Hi :)

We are new to NCL. We usually cruise with P&O so are used to the formal feel in the main dining rooms. We are really looking forward to sailing on the Epic there is a group of 6 of us going and we are a bit confused about what to wear. Would we need to take a tux? Would we be out of place wearing a tux at any night during the cruise? We like the idea of dressing up but wouldnt want to feel out of place. What is the norm on the Epic?

Thanks fellow cruisers :)

We are new to NCL. We usually cruise with P&O so are used to the formal feel in the main dining rooms. We are really looking forward to sailing on the Epic there is a group of 6 of us going and we are a bit confused about what to wear. Would we need to take a tux? Would we be out of place wearing a tux at any night during the cruise? We like the idea of dressing up but wouldnt want to feel out of place. What is the norm on the Epic?

The dress code is "Resort Casual or better". This applies on all days, at all venues and events, and on all ships in the Norwegian Fleet.

The cruise line will NEVER ask or require dress outside of "Resort Casual or better".

Within that guideline, what you wear it totally up to YOU. If you want, you can dress in a tux every single day or never at all. Nobody will care.

For most evenings, the vast majority of men will not be in tuxes, but there may be a few. There will be some suits, but not a majority probably. Quite a few will be in jackets but not everyone. Probably the largest group will be in nice, looking resort casual shirts and slacks of some sort. There will be quite a few people in jeans of all sorts. There will even be quite a few people in shorts. It really is up to you what you like to wear and it will not be unusual to see a bit of everything. Same with the ladies.

Feel free to dress up but you will be in the minority. In my 6 Epic cruises I've probably seen a couple of dozen guys dressed in tuxes out of thousands. However unlike other lines (like P&O :rolleyes: ) you won't get judged on what you are wearing or restricted on where to drink or eat. The only main rules are no ripped jeans, no vests, no caps, and just no shorts in Bistro or Manhattan RM. For ladies most things go..

Edited by Single Cruiser

Just off Epic and for the first time I wore shorts to dinner twice. Both nights in Taste. Last year my boys 16 and 14 were sent out of Manhattans because of nice dress shorts, yet girls were aloud with shorts. This year I saw many going into Manhattans in shorts.

Dress code is free style just like the cruise. They suggest resort causal. From my two experiences on the Epic very few people dress up up. I think this changes with the time of year (we sailed spring break the last two years).

Do what makes you comfortable.