Europe 2016

JessLCH

Looking at the 12 night Spirit for August 2016 and the price seem exceptionally high. It is an older ship but has a great itinerary. Wondering if prices will come down. I usually book very far ahead because the prices are best. Doesn't seem to hold true for this.

Edited by JessLCH

Looking at the 12 night Spirit for August 2016 and the price seem exceptionally high. It is an older ship but has a great itinerary. Wondering if prices will come down. I usually book very far ahead because the prices are best. Doesn't seem to hold true for this.

Looking at Spirit (or Epic or Jade) as well for Summer 2016. The prices are very high for Summer 2016 compared to Summer 2015. The difference is about $1000.

I don't know if I should wait until next year to book...

Another option that we are looking at is Carnival Vista, newer ship and lower prices.

Edited by aquarianne11

Looking at Spirit (or Epic or Jade) as well for Summer 2016. The prices are very high for Summer 2016 compared to Summer 2015. The difference is about $1000.

I don't know if I should wait until next year to book...

Another option that we are looking at is Carnival Vista, newer ship and lower prices.

Another option I am considering is the 12 night RCCL Brilliance of the Seas, also nice, unique Italy heavy itinerary but no Greece or Turkey. Much better pricing right now especially with the 5 day WOW sale which gives extra OBC and reduced deposit. That is my back up choice though the Spirit 12 night is our much preferred itinerary. We've already done Epic Med. The Carnival itinerary is too close to that for what we are looking for.

Another option I am considering is the 12 night RCCL Brilliance of the Seas, also nice, unique Italy heavy itinerary but no Greece or Turkey. Much better pricing right now especially with the 5 day WOW sale which gives extra OBC and reduced deposit. That is my back up choice though the Spirit 12 night is our much preferred itinerary. We've already done Epic Med. The Carnival itinerary is too close to that for what we are looking for.

Thank you for the heads up! Checking that out right now! :D

RCCL will be releasing more Europe Spring/Summer 2016 itineraries next week (26th I believe). We typically cruise with Royal but the 12 Med itinerary is exactly what we were looking for so we went ahead and booked the Spirit about 2 months ago and have been waiting to see what Royal itineraries would be for May/June 2016.

Princess also did the exact same itinerary as the Spirit however they have discontinued it for 2016. Prices do seem high but didn't want to wait as we will be celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary.

I agree, the Spirit 12 Night Cruise has an amazing itinerary and we prefer it as well. We haven't been to the Med and this might be the only chance we have to take a Med cruise.

The prices for Summer 2015 seems reasonable, I wonder if I should go ahead and book Spirit for 2016 and wait for the price to drop... :confused:

The Brilliance of the Seas itineraries are also great, but I would need to choose between seeing Greece or Venice. I would love to see both. :)