Has customer service Phone lines been moved offshore

I have recently had to call RCI uk phone lines and never get a local operator, From the accents I assume that English is not the first language and I find it difficult to understand them and visa versa.

It does not give me confidence trying to make changes to my booking

Has anyone else found this, Are the US lines also transferred off shore?

Edited by bogofman

Yes, no UK centre any more, you are phoning Guatemala. Not very helpful, had an issue last year when our RC excursion showed in our cruise calendar as getting back after ship sailed. I called and explained to the person on the phone and he said "yes, those times are correct" Could not get through to him that this could be a problem!!

RCI is regionalized in Europe.

I believe only RCI UK use the Guatemala call center run by Xerox that is used to supply English and Spanish language services to RCI.

I think they have a call center run by Xerox in Almere, Netherlands handling several other European counties, since October 1, 2013. They handle Scandinavia and Germany and German speaking Switzerland along with some Chinese calls there.

RCI then operate a French/Spanish/Italian and other language call center in Romania, also run by Xerox.

While RCI were long established in Wichita, Kansas in the central US, most call center jobs are now handled out of Springfield, Oregon. These are RCI operated call centers, I believe.