Put my mind at ease - my booking cancelled?

LucasLounger1

Hi all,

I was playing around with my booking on my lunch hour and it shows my booking was cancelled on March 19th!

I am in the process of transferring to a TA - would this be part of that procedure?

I just emailed him but got his Out of Office Assistant. He is at an Australia Conference today.

While I wait - can you set my mind at ease? Is this what happens during the transfer to a TA process?

Thanks

When you transfer a booking to a TA, the original booking number gets changed to a new one. That would explain why the booking number you have shows cancelled. Your TA will be able to provide you with a new booking number.

When you transfer a booking to a TA, the original booking number gets changed to a new one. That would explain why the booking number you have shows cancelled. Your TA will be able to provide you with a new booking number.

My booking numbers remain the same, unless TA cancels and rebooks within their group/reserved space.

As I have yet to book within my TA group space, my booking numbers have remained the same 100% of the time when I have transferred. I often Book on board, then get home and have them transfer to her.

While it's POSSIBLE the OP has a TA who is moving into their group space, I would be concerned, and contact Celebrity to find out who and how it was cancelled and se if they can find a new reservation in your name on the sailing.

My booking numbers remain the same, unless TA cancels and rebooks within their group/reserved space.

As I have yet to book within my TA group space, my booking numbers have remained the same 100% of the time when I have transferred. I often Book on board, then get home and have them transfer to her.

While it's POSSIBLE the OP has a TA who is moving into their group space, I would be concerned, and contact Celebrity to find out who and how it was cancelled and se if they can find a new reservation in your name on the sailing.

For the record.... I booked on-board (NOV 2014) for my next cruise (NOV 2015), but once I was home, I transferred my on-board booking to a travel agent so that I was placed in a group booking that the TA is responsible for. While my rate changed to reflect the group rate, my booking reference number from when I opened the reservation remained the same throughout the whole process.

Curt knows which "group booking" I am referring to. ;)

Edited by vulcan1971

Thanks everyone, I feel a bit better. If I don't hear from him by tomorrow morning I'll call Celebrity. I have faith in him, he's a great TA. It just made my heart stop because the rate has increased $350 pp since I booked and we have three rooms in a row in a desired location.

Thanks everyone, I feel a bit better. If I don't hear from him by tomorrow morning I'll call Celebrity. I have faith in him, he's a great TA. It just made my heart stop because the rate has increased $350 pp since I booked and we have three rooms in a row in a desired location.

While you may have faith in your own TA, from what everyone else has said, this doesn't sound good. It might be an error on Celebrity's part, and with three rooms booked, I personally wouldn't wait, and would have been on the phone with Celebrity in a heartbeat after reading a couple of the responses.

Let's face it, Celebrity doesn't have the best track record for customer service or fixing problems.

Edited by DinaS

Lucaslounger, I see you are also from Canada. I had the same thing happen to me recently along with 4 other couples who booked the same cruise.

I booked the cruise directly through Celebrity (in CDN funds) and then transferred it to my Canadian TA. A week or so later I received an email from Celebrity stating that my reservation number had changed due to a "change in currency". Then checked "My Celebrity" and saw my reservation had been cancelled!! Of course I panicked and called my TA immediately. She contacted Celebrity and learned that for some strange reason, they had to change the reservation number, but nothing in the reservation had actually changed. Even Celebrity couldn't explain the reason for this, but in the end, it was fine.

I've transferred other reservations and never had this issue, but since it has happened to me twice now and my friends once each, it seems to be the new normal. I'd verify with your TA, but I wouldn't worry about it.

Have a great cruise :D

I knew I wouldn't sleep if I didn't call them! My booking number changed when they transferred me to my TA. My room is the same, but I can't see pricing. That will have to wait until he gets back in the office.

So all is well (I think).

Thanks everyone! This is my first Transatlantic and I can't tell you how excited I am!

I knew I wouldn't sleep if I didn't call them! My booking number changed when they transferred me to my TA. My room is the same, but I can't see pricing. That will have to wait until he gets back in the office.

So all is well (I think).

Thanks everyone! This is my first Transatlantic and I can't tell you how excited I am!

It's good that you checked, and everything is as it should be :)