Oceania Website - Does "Already Booked" work?

kruznfool

Am I the only one who has problems with the Oceania website - oceaniacruises.com?

I have attempted to log into the "Already Booked" section but nothing happens. No error message, no advisory - just a screen refresh with the entry fields blanked out. I've tried this at least once every day for the past 5 days (booked one week ago) and get the same results everytime [yeah, yeah, I know the definition of insanity:) ]. In my experience, most cruise line websites acknowledge your booking within 24-48 hours.

I telephoned Oceania yesterday and confirmed that I had the correct booking number.

I really would like to use this feature of their website but so far, no luck.

Are any of you able to log in using your booking number?

Some months back, we did have some problems and the web site did not recognize our booking number. Our travel agent said that Oceania web site was down and they were working on it. However, we have had no problems at all in the last 60 days, and the site has worked perfectly for us.

I doubt a different browser software is the explanation for this, but we do use Apple's Safari browser.

Happy Sailing,

Ivan

"Let's hope it's not because they are reducing your port times and need to update your itineraries!"

Very funny

Actually, I do worry a bit about Istanbul being cancelled next year, which would be very unfortunate, because I consider that port the highlight of the trip, and we also have an elaborate pre-cruise land tour planned for Turkey, but I'll remain hopeful.

Don't worry - if you're going to have your itinerary sliced & diced, it won't be until after final payment, so you are hostage! You would never be informed *this* early!

Seriously, your issues & concerns are different than ours, so I'm not making light of them. My mother is booked on a cruise (thankfully not on Oceania! - no relative of mine will ever set foot on an Oceania ship when I'm done educating them) that includes Kusadasi next year & she would be crushed to have it eliminated. I hope all goes well for you. We've done a land tour of Turkey and it is a country that has so much to offer. :D

Don't worry - if you're going to have your itinerary sliced & diced, it won't be until after final payment, so you are hostage! You would never be informed *this* early!

:D

Was your itinerary changed because of security reasons? If so, I'd be disappointed, but not be complaining.

Do you honestly think so many of us would be so upset and angry if our itinerary were changed for security reasons? I don't know about my fellow cruisers, but I know DH and I don't have a death wish! Are you aware of security issues in Malta, Barcelona, and Cadiz, three ports that were sliced and diced? How about Gibraltar, that hotbed of instability & anti-American sentiment (that's the port that was totally eliminated)(and that's sarcasm, for anyone who might not recognize it:D - Gibraltar was one of the reasons we booked this cruise). If those ports are security issues, there are a gazillion Oceania itineraries that will face revision! If there are *any" security issues that have arisen relating to this cruise, that's another thing that's being kept from us!

Do you honestly think so many of us would be so upset and angry if our itinerary were changed for security reasons? I don't know about my fellow cruisers, but I know DH and I don't have a death wish! Are you aware of security issues in Malta, Barcelona, and Cadiz, three ports that were sliced and diced? How about Gibraltar, that hotbed of instability & anti-American sentiment (that's the port that was totally eliminated)(and that's sarcasm, for anyone who might not recognize it:D - Gibraltar was one of the reasons we booked this cruise). If those ports are security issues, there are a gazillion Oceania itineraries that will face revision! If there are *any" security issues that have arisen relating to this cruise, that's another thing that's being kept from us!

The problem may be your browser. I had trouble accessing "already booked" via our ISP (Compuserve); when I launched Internet Explorer and went to the Oceania site, I had no difficulty with the logon to "already booked". Hope this helps.

RMH

Thanks, everyone who replied.

I had a successful log in from a second computer also using Internet Explorer so I can only deduce there must be some difference in security settings on the two.

Not worth researching - I'll just use the other computer!

"Do you honestly think so many of us would be so upset and angry if our itinerary were changed for security reasons?"

EXCUSE ME for asking what seemed like a logical question! Your attitude makes certain I'll not be getting to know whether you have a death wish or any other problems other than the obvious one!

Archived