Are you listening Celebrity?

Project_gal

If so, I should like to provide feedback on the new UK website.

I think that it is dreadful.

I now have to work through something like five screens where, previously, it was just one. I did not find it intuitive. In fact, I felt patronised. The huge icons mean that you have to keep scrolling to find the option you wish to select. It implies that I can only make one decision at a time - where do you wish to go, when do you wish to go, ... , each on a different screen. I am not almost blind. I am not stupid. I may be a more experienced cruiser that your average customer [or not] but I doubt many of them are extremely short-sighted or extremely thick.

I know that no one likes change - me included - but I honestly think that you have made a poor decision with the new cruise booking dialogue on the UK website. No doubt, if I could be bothered to check, you are still displaying telephone numbers and email addresses on the website that are no longer correct. No doubt there is outdated information on the website. Having working in IT since before it was ever called "IT" [1979], I have in the past defended Celebrity's IT department pointing out that integrating legacy back office systems with the Internet is no easy task but no longer. The previous booking dialogue was perfectly OK. It was fast, clear and available on the home page without having to have a pop-up to show how I could navigate to the booking pages.

You have made a huge mistake with this change.

Edited by Project_gal

.......................................You have made a huge mistake with this change.

At least the stupid beta version that has been off and on for the last two weeks appears to have disappeared. Now , further subtle changes show that you do not appear to be able to put a 24 hour hold on a cabin for example. Why ? We dont need so called upgrades just working consistency.

Why also, does Celebrity think that we only wish to travel in Europe. Please lets have the same offers as the US, I appreciate the pricing may be different but at least have the same "perks" for at least outside the US destinations. I'll buy most folks a drink, but I don't want to pay for half the ship !

Like Sue, I also worked in IT before it was ever called "IT" [1969).

Edited by roygg
Typo

I now have to work through something like five screens where, previously, it was just one. I did not find it intuitive. In fact, I felt patronised. The huge icons mean that you have to keep scrolling to find the option you wish to select. It implies that I can only make one decision at a time - where do you wish to go, when do you wish to go, ... , each on a different screen. I am not almost blind. I am not stupid. I may be a more experienced cruiser that your average customer [or not] but I doubt many of them are extremely short-sighted or extremely thick.

I know that no one likes change - me included - but I honestly think that you have made a poor decision with the new cruise booking dialogue on the UK website. No doubt, if I could be bothered to check, you are still displaying telephone numbers and email addresses on the website that are no longer correct. No doubt there is outdated information on the website. Having working in IT since before it was ever called "IT" [1979], I have in the past defended Celebrity's IT department pointing out that integrating legacy back office systems with the Internet is no easy task but no longer. The previous booking dialogue was perfectly OK. It was fast, clear and available on the home page without having to have a pop-up to show how I could navigate to the booking pages.

You have made a huge mistake with this change.

Hi all,

Thank you for your feedback about the Celebrity Cruises UK website. Please

be assured we are listening and all feedback is important to us.

Please feel free to message us at concerns@celebrity.com with your contact details if you would be willing to discuss further with our digital team.

We are very fortunate to have someone from X to monitor these boards and escalate issues. Most cruise lines do not have this. I would hate for that to go away because we cannot behave like adults.

The rep from X can only escalate to the appropriate department. He or she is not IT and cannot fix the web site issues.

At the end of the day you work with what you have,

Sometimes it's bad , but hey when you get on board and meet

all those fantastic people who make our vacation special

The IT department and the web site just doesn't matter.

Pity the IT department doesn't send $1000 a week to the crew of each ship

We are very fortunate to have someone from X to monitor these boards and escalate issues. Most cruise lines do not have this. I would hate for that to go away because we cannot behave like adults.

The rep from X can only escalate to the appropriate department. He or she is not IT and cannot fix the web site issues.

Please note that Host Andy and I are board volunteers with Cruise Critic.com and have absolutely no affiliation at all with Celebrity Cruise Lines.

That is also the case with all other message boards on Cruise Critic.

Celebrity does read, and occasionally respond to, posts on this message board. But the actual monitoring process to ensure conformity with the Cruise Critic Community Standards is carried out by Andy and me.

Edited by Host Walt

Hi all,

Thank you for your feedback about the Celebrity Cruises UK website. Please

be assured we are listening and all feedback is important to us.

Please feel free to message us at concerns@celebrity.com with your contact details if you would be willing to discuss further with our digital team.

Thank you. I appreciate your response and have just emailed concerns@celebrity.com