Atlantis Questions

LOVEMYMO

A few questions for anyone that can help.

Where are the lockers/towels and where can you get tubes for the Current? We are on an NCL excursion with a pick up time from the ship oft 9:30am. I'm afraid we will need to bolt quickly once we arrive at the Atlantis as I have read that they run out of tubes - figuring we will be getting there at 10am when the water rides open up. Has that happened to anyone? I would hate for this to happen - No tubes!!!

Any other tips on the current and/or slides would also be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance! :)

There are some towel carts early in the day in various spots, but you might as well hustle to the Hospitality Center, where the lockers are, and get your towels there. It's all the way at the far end of the water park area. There are signs leading you there or ask an employee.

The Current and slides don't start until 10, but the pools are open at 9, so I'd get in as soon as possible. By the time we got there everything was open, so I don't know if they cordon off the area with the Current and slides until 10 or whether they just won't let you into line for slides.

When we were there in August, there was no shortage of tubes the entire day. People tended to just abandon them in the Current, so you just grabbed one as it floated by. If you're going during spring break, I'm guessing it gets much more crowded.

From the Current, you can get to two slides in the Power Tower via a side passage just before the rapids. It's labeled "Power Tower". You float down a narrow stream, then go up a conveyor belt and then maneuver yourself onto one of two slides: "The Drop" and "The Falls". You never even have to get out of your tube. There are other tube slides in the Power Tower, but you have to get out of the Current (keeping your tube) and walk up the stairs to get on those slides.

The Mayan Temple has mostly body slides and one tube slide. For the tube slide, there's a stack of tubes by the exit (as opposed to the entrance where it would make sense); grab one before you head up the stairs.

[quote name='jacksmycat']Is there a charge for the lockers? If so, do they take American coins, dollars, or credit cards, or something else? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

There is a charge, and they only take credit cards. They don't take cash anywhere in Aquaventure. I vaguely recall it being around $9 for a small locker, $12 for a medium, and $15 for a large. But don't quote me on that.