Porthole VS Cove Balcony on the Breeze??

rene194215

HELP!

I am going solo and have gotten the idea of doing a cove balcony. Would you spend an extra 280.00 to get into a cove or just stick with the porthole. Don't get me wrong I love portholes but have also heard amazing things about cove balconies. I would love to try a balcony in itself but I think cove would be great. Just not sure if worth the price.

Thanks in advance!!

Ive heard nothing but positive comments about the Cove Balconys.... Secluded balcony and very close to water. Plus they are cheaper than a regular balcony.

I was on Breeze in January and absolutely loved this ship. By far my most favorite class of ship.

If you can splurge....do it. However...from another point of view, that $280 could help pay for a good portion of the unlimited beverage package if you enjoy partaking in the many drinks offered!!

I've had both and you can't compare the two. The porthole cabin is always at the front of the ship, all the way forward. The cove balcony is absolutely awesome. We were about midship on the Dream in our cove. Have another cove booked for San Juan 10 day on the Dream.

The porthole is nice because it's the same rice as the interior and you can use the extra $280 for something that's truly worth it to you (if you are going to spend it). But with the balcony, it's very nice to be able to go out whenever you want some privacy and just relax. IMHO, it's all about what you think is the most important factor in your trip, the balcony or the things you can get with the money you didn't spend on the balcony.

Have cruised in both types of cabins. I like them both. It just comes down to how much money you want to spend. If it allows you to cruise more frequently by saving the extra money you would spend on the cove balcony, I would go with the port hole cabin.

Go for the cove balcony!! We had one on our last cruise and loved it. It was definitely worth the extra money. We won't be able to afford it every time, but it was a really nice treat, and we'll just do interiors or guaranteed cabins on the next few cruises to save for another cove!

So I have many pros and cons that I did not have before I posted this. As someone mentioned, 280 is a bit of money that actually would go towards my Cheers package. And some have said its better with someone. That would also bring costs down. I am thinking it might be better to keep the porthole and share the cabin with someone to make it more special.

Thanks all! I think I have made my decision!!!

So I have many pros and cons that I did not have before I posted this. As someone mentioned, 280 is a bit of money that actually would go towards my Cheers package. And some have said its better with someone. That would also bring costs down. I am thinking it might be better to keep the porthole and share the cabin with someone to make it more special.

Thanks all! I think I have made my decision!!!

Did you notice that those who said "go for it" used the word "we"?

I did say "we" lol but one of the best parts of the balcony was that every day when my husband was napping, or at the gym, or sleeping late, i was able to just go out to the balcony and read or enjoy the views or have a glass of wine without having to worry about having to go find a place out on deck. I would never drink enough for the cheers package, but if you feel your money is better spent in that, then definitely go for that. Keep the cove in mind for your next cruise!

I did say "we" lol but one of the best parts of the balcony was that every day when my husband was napping, or at the gym, or sleeping late, i was able to just go out to the balcony and read or enjoy the views or have a glass of wine without having to worry about having to go find a place out on deck. I would never drink enough for the cheers package, but if you feel your money is better spent in that, then definitely go for that. Keep the cove in mind for your next cruise!

I wasn't referring to any one post. The coves are so much better and useful for a couple. Unless someone solo really wants one, I'd not pay the extra to sit alone or people watch at the rail by myself for any period of time.

I wasn't referring to any one post. The coves are so much better and useful for a couple. Unless someone solo really wants one, I'd not pay the extra to sit alone or people watch at the rail by myself for any period of time.

If I was cruising alone I would pick the cove. I love sitting outside away from the crowds.

If I was cruising alone I would pick the cove. I love sitting outside away from the crowds.

I agree, its so quiet and peaceful!! I think that's what it comes down to, if you like being around people and being out on deck, the cove would probably be a waste of money for you. If you're kind of anti-social like me [emoji1], and just enjoy a good book and the beautiful views of the ocean, the cove is money very well spent.

My viewpoint is kind of hard to explain, but if someone lives alone on daily basis in the first place, have no basic interruptions at home, why pay extra money to be alone? We do that at home:eek:

I can only go by if this were me and I was going solo, I would say the porthole because if I had the cove, I would be in my cabin all the time. Going solo, I would need the nudge to go out and socialize. The porthole cabin would not hold the allure that the cove would so I would be out and about more.

The extra money could be used for bingo, gambling or drinks.....all of which would get you out of the cabin and around others.

If not for the solo component, I would say cove any day of the week.

Enjoy!!