Cell phone

Just got off the phone with T-mobile to check on text, usage and etc.

My DS has for the both of us the simple choice plan

Unlimited text, no charge or roaming... wifi and etc.:)

to make calls as cheap as $0.20 per minute and incoming calls from the state is free.

Don't know if this helps anyone with t-mobile but it sure helped me.

I think you might want to call them back and ask a couple more specific questions.

1. What is the charge for international roaming and data?

2. No matter what your plan is (unless they offer a cruise ship plan like att does)

When the phone says celular at sea, you are going to pay the ship rate per minute and the text rate and it is much much higher than what you have posted.

I think you might want to call them back and ask a couple more specific questions.

1. What is the charge for international roaming and data?

2. No matter what your plan is (unless they offer a cruise ship plan like att does)

When the phone says celular at sea, you are going to pay the ship rate per minute and the text rate and it is much much higher than what you have posted.

T-Mobile does not have a cruise ship plan but they do have cruise ship rates. You can look up the specific ship you are on, though I suspect the rates are the same for all RCI ships. I just looked up rates for Legend of the Seas and they are $15/mb for data, $0.50 per sent text and $5.99/min for calls.

Those fees don't apply to on ship - but on short in foreign countries. The OP is correct.

When we were in Europe last year on our TA we were able to text for free in every Country we were in (Portugal, Ireland, Belgium, France, Netherlands, Denmark).

Everyone around us was jealous - they couldn't believe we were texting and on Facebook posting pictures. It was just part of the plan. No additional charges or fees.

Like the OP said, 20 cents a minute for calls, but that's it.

Unfortunately where I live you get absolutely no T-Mobile coverage

It's bad when the service is better in Europe then in Atlanta

But not everyone is jealous of those you have service One of the things I enjoy about getting away is getting completely away

Edited by Carolla5501

Unfortunately where I live you get absolutely no T-Mobile coverage

It's bad when the service is better in Europe then in Atlanta

But not everyone is jealous of those you have service One of the things I enjoy about getting away is getting completely away

the OP did not state that she was referring to when she was "NOT" on the ship and I wanted to make sure that she understood that when she was on the ship the rate would be considerably higher. Most cell phone companies offer worldwide roaming and international calling plans as att does, I thought, she was speaking about the ship and did not want her to have the suprise of her life when she got home.

Couldn't do calls on the ship for that price...

But able to text for $0.50 per text.. nice to keep in touch with the kids

On the islands we have unlimited text, calls to us were free...

calls to the states were $0.20 per minute.

Wifi and unlimited data was great.... on line every day on the island with no roaming.

Edited by rjrice1