Review: Epic Western Caribbean March 15 (Long with pics and vids)

kbnovak

Since CC will only let me put 6 photos in the thread, here's a link to lots more.

http://www.kevinnovakphoto.com/March%20cruise/index.html

Thank You very much for your fine review and your great photos...Cruise Critic allows 6 images per POST...NOT per thread...I had no problems with your photos link. Look forward to more photo reviews in the future. :):):):)

Note, also, that is 6 images, which means I have 4 images in this post with the happy faces.

Edited by cruiseclues

Hi there --- we are cruising on Epic next Month and am a bit concerned about tipping --------what is the procedure for this on Epic? On other cruises we have had tips taken at time of booking but it seems NCL does it differently.Thanks a lot --- you sound a really nice couple!:)

Hi there --- we are cruising on Epic next Month and am a bit concerned about tipping --------what is the procedure for this on Epic? On other cruises we have had tips taken at time of booking but it seems NCL does it differently.Thanks a lot --- you sound a really nice couple!:)

NCL does the same. You can prepay online. The default is to pay after the cruise by having the daily service charge automatically charged to your on-board account (usually a credit card on file). You can tell guest services on board that you refuse the automatic daily service charge. This lets you give cash (maybe in envelopes like olden days) to whomever you wish, or not.

But keep in mind that you'll likely never have the same waiter. You will see the same person at a particular restaurant as a host, at least I noticed that in the free restaurants. (even way back when, I never interacted with a maitre dee unless he bothered to tour the tables and ask how the meal was. I didn't put much cash in that envelope.)

I think the only person that will stay constant on NCL and gets a share, I hope, of the daily service charge is your room steward. (A bartender or spa attendant doesn't get a share of the DSC. That's why an automatic tip is added to any bill. I'm sure you could request a lower amount, thus a credit, at guest services.)