Tubing and back issues

Reabeam7

Ok...we will be in Falmouth in June on Independence of the Seas. I am traveling with my husband, our two kids (11, 14) and my mom 63. We really want to do the tubing but my mom has slight back issues. She can walk just not a long distance without having to sit (no more than a half mile). Im looking for a tubing excursion that doest have a climb up the falls or a long walk to get where the tubes are. Does anyone have any experience with this and any recommendations as to which tubing trip to do? Im trying to make it fun for everyone. :confused:

Did the tubing in Jamaica.

It is a bumpy ride on rocky terrain in an all-terrain vehicle to get there, she may not be happy with this.

Also, once dropped off the walk was a short distance to get your tubes.

We were tethered and the river was mild, only one small mini rapids that were very tame, it should not be bad for her.

When done we exited the river and walked about 1/4 mile on a paved road to get the truck back.

Other than the rough ride at the beginning she would be fine.

Safe journey.

We just got off Liberty of the Seas and did the river tubing down the White River in Ocho Rios. We walked down some steps and then right into the water with our tubes.

It was very beautiful and quite shady. There are certain areas of the river that are quite choppy but most of it was just a nice, calm ride down the river.

• 9 months later...

We are going on the Liberty in April. I'm interested in doing this tour. Would you recommend doing it through the ship or booking independently? Ive only been to Jamaica 1 other time & we did Dunn River falls. Taking the grandkids that ar 12 & 10.