Kids and Sign and Sail Card

fozzy1975

So I was wondering..I do not want my kids having the full ability to charge on the ship, but I would like them to have about $20.00 a day each so that they can use it in the Arcade, and maybe the candy shop. They are 8 1/2 and 10 and will think its cool to use their own card. Is this something that can be done? There was no option when I was setting it up online.

Yes it can, what we have done in the past is once you board the ship, you can go to guest services to limit the amount they can spend. I always check "no charging" privileges when i do my paperwork online for the kids.

Edited by GaCruisersII

Yes it can, what we have done in the past is once you board the ship, you can go to guest services to limit the amount they can spend. I always check "no charging" privileges when i do my paperwork online for the kids.

We do this for our kids as well for each cruise. Depending on the child you can add what you want all at once or go daily and set a limit;)

You can let them, but do you let them normally use your credit card? At that age, why would they be roaming around without you next to them?

They would NEVER be romaing with out either me or my husband next to them, however I think its nice for kids to have some responsibility. Its their money that they have been saving to use on the cruise, and why not when they want to play in the Arcade do I have to hover over them to slide my card in the machine? Let them do it with the money they saved themselves. And no...they do not use my credit card, but they do use gift cards!

I never put actual limits on the card but did give my kids charging privileges starting at 10 & 12. I told them how much they could spend per day on their card and told them if they screwed up they would never get the privilege again. They were very responsible about it and very sweetly sometimes used their money to buy me a gift in the gift shop. It taught them responsibility and let them have a little freedom. Of course, only you know your children and some just couldn't handle it.

So when doing your online checkin......I can put a "no charging" on my child's card, but I can still go to Guest Services and put some money on their account for them to spend?

Just want to be sure if I added money to their card they wouldn't have a problem if they wanted to buy something in the gift shop.

Thanks everyone!!