NCL Star Copenhagen-need help

antiquehtr

I had a 3 pm flight booked from Copenhagen to Krakow and the airline changed it to 11 am departure. The ship docks at 7 am on May 11th, anyone think I can make the 11:00 am flight if we walk off? We are Platinum so we will have priority debark.

Help??

I don't know about how long it takes to go to the airport in Copenhagen, but in the case of timetable changes you can ask for the airline to move you to another flight that suits better to your schedule if the new, changed time doesn't work for you.

We just did this for our October flights booked through AA, they cancelled one of our booked flights and replaced it with a new one that departs an hour later and because of the extra time with that connection we were able to change our previous flights with one layover to a much shorter direct flight with no charge.

The rationale for my request was that if that new flight adding an hour more to our already long travel time (>20hrs) would have been available when I booked, we could have originally chosen that direct flight for the first leg for the same price and saved 5hrs of travel time. AA customer rep did the change straight away without any problems or objections.

I had a 3 pm flight booked from Copenhagen to Krakow and the airline changed it to 11 am departure. The ship docks at 7 am on May 11th, anyone think I can make the 11:00 am flight if we walk off? We are Platinum so we will have priority debark.

Help??

I see that we are on the same cruise - NCL Star from Miami to Copenhagen. I cannot answer your question but because I live in Krakow, I could help if you have any questions about the city. I decided to stay for one day in Copenhagen and returning home next day (on 12th May).

See you soon:-)

Last year it cost about $27.00 American dollars from the port to the airport via Taxi. Taxi's are outside in a line. You line up and someone is there to direct you to the next taxi. There was two of us and we ended sharing a taxi with another couple and split the cost. The cost is for the taxi no matter if there is one person or 4 people. They also had taxi vans for more people but I don't know if the cost for the Taxi van was more or not. It took us about 20 min. to get to the airport, however, we waited in line for the next taxi for about 10 min.

You should also note that we were one of the last to get off the ship so if you get off first I don't think you'll have a problem.

Enjoy!

Harriet

Thanks for the input. Expedia got our flight refunded and booked us on a later one so now we don't have to rush! I think we will take the NCL excursion that drops at the airport.

We are very excited about Krakow as my great grandfather was from there. I didn't know that until I did my family tree! Hope we run into each other. Will you be at the meet and greet??

Terri & Steve

Thanks for the input. Expedia got our flight refunded and booked us on a later one so now we don't have to rush! I think we will take the NCL excursion that drops at the airport.

We are very excited about Krakow as my great grandfather was from there. I didn't know that until I did my family tree! Hope we run into each other. Will you be at the meet and greet??

Terri & Steve

Krakow is really nice old city, I am sure you will like it:-)

I am travelling from LA to Copenhagen, so plan to attend both M&G - during Panama and Transatlantic segments. My cabin is #9576, see you soon:-)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Terri!

I am really sorry but cancelled TA segment of cruise when NCL cancelled Panama part, so we will not meet on Star:-(

I had collected for you some maps and useful materials for visiting Krakow but unfortunately will not be able to share...

I will travel on different ("last minute") cruise with Costa - from Savona to Stockholm and will be also in Amsterdam and Copenhagen - only one day after Star visit in those ports.

I wish you the wonderful cruise and if you have any questions about the city or practical topics regarding Krakow or Poland, you can contact me using my e-mail rufik2013@interia.pl

We were on the Star last September for a North Sea, North Atlantic and British Isles cruise, then back for a TA to Miami.

You should be fine getting to the airport for your flight. However, I would plan on leaving the ship as soon as possible. The traffic in Copenhagen never seemed that bad, but it would be smart not to dally.

Last year it cost about $27.00 American dollars from the port to the airport via Taxi. Taxi's are outside in a line. You line up and someone is there to direct you to the next taxi. There was two of us and we ended sharing a taxi with another couple and split the cost. The cost is for the taxi no matter if there is one person or 4 people. They also had taxi vans for more people but I don't know if the cost for the Taxi van was more or not. It took us about 20 min. to get to the airport, however, we waited in line for the next taxi for about 10 min.

You should also note that we were one of the last to get off the ship so if you get off first I don't think you'll have a problem.

Enjoy!

Harriet

In Oct 2014, we were in a suite, and were the 3rd people off the ship. We then waited at the terminal door for 20 - 30 minutes, because there were NO taxis available. They were frantically calling all of the taxi companies, because for some reason none of them realized there was a ship arriving.

Once they started coming, it was fine....but maybe as you're having breakfast, check to see if there are taxis in queue. If not, ask guest services to call ground staff & ask them to call the cabs.

Stephen

In Oct 2014, we were in a suite, and were the 3rd people off the ship. We then waited at the terminal door for 20 - 30 minutes, because there were NO taxis available. They were frantically calling all of the taxi companies, because for some reason none of them realized there was a ship arriving.

Stephen

Interesting.....

We were in no hurry as our flight didn't leave until around 4:30 p.m.

Harriet

When we returned to Copenhagen on our B2B we went into the city using bus 26, which came very close to the cruise terminal (near UNICEF). I believe you could take it to the main train station (easy transfer to train for airport).

Of course, this all would take much time. If you have an early flight plan on a taxi.

Here is some info that was posted on our roll call by another poster.

You will have to use Kalkbrænderihavnsgade as its the nearest to the freeport terminal.

http://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=Ori...a=ltm&t=m&z=17

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/k...25200000006591

You Then get off at either Søndre Frihavn or Østerport station, Sløjfen and walk to the little mermaid from there.

http://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=S%C...ra=ls&t=m&z=17

You can also wait at Østerport for the next bus 26 going toward Langelinie and get of at Indiakaj and walk from there.

The last bus 26 that goes to Færgehavn Nord (or also Unicef) is deparding from the central station at 18:25 (direction Unicef) but else you can take any northbound S-train and walk from Nordhavn and back to the ship.

When we returned to Copenhagen on our B2B we went into the city using bus 26, which came very close to the cruise terminal (near UNICEF). I believe you could take it to the main train station (easy transfer to train for airport).

Of course, this all would take much time. If you have an early flight plan on a taxi.

Here is some info that was posted on our roll call by another poster.

You will have to use Kalkbrænderihavnsgade as its the nearest to the freeport terminal.

http://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=Ori...a=ltm&t=m&z=17

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/k...25200000006591

You Then get off at either Søndre Frihavn or Østerport station, Sløjfen and walk to the little mermaid from there.

http://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=S%C...ra=ls&t=m&z=17

You can also wait at Østerport for the next bus 26 going toward Langelinie and get of at Indiakaj and walk from there.

The last bus 26 that goes to Færgehavn Nord (or also Unicef) is deparding from the central station at 18:25 (direction Unicef) but else you can take any northbound S-train and walk from Nordhavn and back to the ship.

For about $25.00 a cab, which can be shared to fill up the cab, to the airport without having to schlep my luggage and change buses, walk here and there....it was well worth it to us. We were two people who shared a cab with another two people....splitting the cost of the $25.00 cab.

A great end to my vacation!

Harriet

There's a train within easy walking distance of some of the docks. Unfortunately, NCL phone staff have no idea where they dock.

Where NCL docks is nowhere near the train. There are docks near the train. NCL doesn't dock there. They dock at the pier which is directly across the road from Unicef:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=unicef+copenhagen&oq=unicef+copenhagen&aqs=chrome..69i57.5098j0j2&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=0&ie=UTF-8

Oceanvej 10-12

I sat & looked at the Unicef building before we left, so I remember it clearly.

Stephen