I am SOOO bummed, no more Princess rolls

RickSue

Holy cow, I thought by the OP's post it was another cut-back, and we'd lost our beloved Roll's :eek::cool::eek:

OP, hope you get straighten away, and one day soon get to enjoy those wonderful roll's again

Srpilo

To my knowledge, coeliac disease is a permanent condition that is "managed" not "cured permanently" by avoiding wheat products. Theoretical knowledge here, so could be wrong.

What a nasty surprise for the OP!

Crochetcruise :cool:

When I glanced at this I thought it said no more roll calls!! :eek:

Sorry about your allergy. Thats a tough loss. :(

Funny,

This was my exact first thought! :)

Luckily, Princess is so accommodating to help with people's dietary needs.

Happy Cruising!

Mark

To my knowledge, coeliac disease is a permanent condition that is "managed" not "cured permanently" by avoiding wheat products. Theoretical knowledge here, so could be wrong.

I had a co-worker who developed celiac disease. After coping with it for several years, it went away and he (and his doctor) does not know why.

OP - my sympathies, I cannot imagine having to go without those yummy rolls (as strange as that might sound to someone whose never had them :o).

Princess is fantastic with any food allergy/sensitivity. I'm allergic to mangos (weird, I know, but its hard to ignore when your throat starts swelling shut). Its relatively easy to avoid mangos, but the headwaiters always give me the menus for the next evening and have had no problems fielding any questions or requests I have.

Even doing the Chef's table dinner, the sorbet served between courses was lemon sorbet with Grey Goose vodka poured over it :). Mine came out separately and I didn't know why until the waiter explained that under the sorbet was a pile of mangos :eek:. My night would have ended pretty quick if I had gotten the wrong plate.

I've had some of the gluten free desserts and they were really good, especially the little meringue sandwich cookies in the IC.

Doctor's orders had me gluten free for a year and a half. In that time I cruised Princess twice. I couldn't eat the bread of course and the gluten free choices were very so-so. HOWEVER, there were so many other great food options that I really didn't even miss it. I came home the same weight! (Guess I eat more bread than I think) Don't think about what you can't have, think about the other interesting options....replace pasta with risotto or polenta for example. Enjoy your cruise.