Regal Mini Suites

coops

Absolutely not. Those mini-suites are much further aft away from view. Baja Deck is the third balcony deck down as viewed in this picture, and B526 B527 are approximately 1/3 of the way towards the stern away from the SeaWalk.

11205198435_56e844a3b8_b.jpg

That is good to hear. But wow could those lifeboats stick out any farther:eek:

If you want to see the view from the Seawalk into the cabins below:

Marina and Riviera cabins there would not be very desirable.

Yikes that is ridiculous.

Oh why Oh why can't they have a mini suite that is covered and does not look down on a balcony. :roll eyes:

Thanks

Kerri

As I had alluded to in another thread:

Being in an upper-deck cabin on a Royal-class and looking down on the lifeboats is no more obstructive to your view of the water than being in an upper-deck cabin on a Grand-class and looking down on top all of those suite and mini-suites balconies.

The view is still "obstructed" when looking straight down in both cases.

The balconies that belong to the mini-suites and suites on the Grand-class stick out just as far as the lifeboats on the Royal-class. It's just that when you are the one occupying those extended balconies on the Grand-class you're the one being stared down upon, and your balcony is the one blocking the view of the water from those balconies above you.

P.S. If you look behind the very last lifeboat you'll see the exterior promenade deck aft by the Vista Lounge. The lifeboats are pretty much recessed inwards as the sit on deck.

:D

Edited by dmwnc1959

Being in an upper-deck cabin on a Royal-class and looking down on the lifeboats is no more obstructive to your view of the water than being in an upper-deck cabin on a Grand-class and looking down on top all of those suite and mini-suites balconies.

The balconies that belong to the mini-suites and suites on the Grand-class stick out just as far as the lifeboats on the Royal-class. It's just that when you are the one occupying those extended balconies on the Grand-class you're the one being stared down upon, and your balcony is the one blocking the view of the water from those balconies above you.

P.S. If you look behind the very last lifeboat you'll see the exterior promenade deck aft by the Vista Lounge. The lifeboats are pretty much recessed inwards as the sit on deck.

You certainly advocate strongly for the Regal and Royal, dmwnc1959. I'm very curious to know, are there any other Princess ships that you like?

Edited by Mackenzie1

You certainly advocate strongly for the Regal and Royal, dmwnc1959. I'm very curious to know, are there any other Princess ships that you like?

I had cruised Ruby Princess the year prior to Royal Princess. I've cruised the Sun Princess and Dawn Princess, as well as the original Royal Princess. I also had the opportunity to tour the original Crown Princess (or maybe it was the original Regal Princess) both pre- and post a major refit that redesigned her atrium.

For the most part I liked ALL off them. There are aspects of each that I don't particularly like, and the worst "cruise experiences" I've ever had were on Ruby Princess and the original Royal Princess, but looking back I think that had to do more with the ship's staff and mediocre food than the ship.

As for the Grand-class ships themselves, I've always made comments that the Ruby Princess and her sisters are pretty ships. I've even made comment on a recent thread about Emerald Princess (sister to Ruby Princess), and told the OP of that thread "The Grand-class are fine ships; sort of like a boutique hotel with exotic and period-themed public spaces. There's an intimate feel about these ships...Go and have a really great cruise!".

It's just that when it comes down to spending my "hard earned dollars" the Royal-class are a better fit. And I try hard to dispel some of the misconceptions, mis-information, and misunderstandings about the Royal-class, which seem to attract an equal amount of "bandwagon" haters and admirers, using lots of hyperbole in their posts. Those threads usually get locked down after 6-10 pages and re-emerge weeks later just to start the "conversation" all over again.

Edited by dmwnc1959

Thank you for your reply, dmwnc1959. I really appreciate having a better understanding of why you feel so strongly about the Royal and Regal.

Yikes! Im not sure how to take that...;)

It's like I've said before: there are some folks who won't book the Royal-class because the sum of the parts don't meet their requirements - they'd rather sail another ship. There are others whose primarily argument is about one or two features, but the sum of the parts are, for the most part are acceptable: they are willing to sacrifice their suite and/or balcony size because the sum of its parts (the ships benefits and amenities of the various public spaces) are of more importance.

Yikes! Im not sure how to take that...;)

It's like I've said before: there are some folks who won't book the Royal-class because the sum of the parts don't meet their requirements - they'd rather sail another ship. There are others whose primarily argument is about one or two features, but the sum of the parts are, for the most part are acceptable: they are willing to sacrifice their suite and/or balcony size because the sum of its parts (the ships benefits and amenities of the various public spaces) are of more importance.

I apologize if that statement could be read in different ways, because I didn't mean it to. I was just wondering why you would limit your itineraries to the ones only offered by the Royal and Regal sailings when some of the smaller Princess ships offer itineraries that include ports not accessible by the larger Royal and Regal ships. I have the same dilemma, though. I'll be be taking the Caribbean Princess to Norway this summer, but we won't be able to stop in Geiranger, Norway, because the Caribbean Princess is too large for that port. The Ocean Princess will be stopping in Geiranger, though.

Edited by Mackenzie1

Thanks for the info. Not a fan of looking at lifeboats or other peoples balconies.

I always have managed to look down straight at water in the past. Usually take a cabin toward the Aft. But I have never sailed princess or a mini suite.

Might have to go to a balcony and an inside....my daughter wanted us all in the same room.

Oh the decisions LOL:D

Kerri

What about the size of the balcony? I understand that it is much smaller than on the Grand Class.

We just booked a B2B on Regal and I was worried about the skywalk folks looking into my cabin if we were on the starboard side. I had to chance from R433 to B432. Creepy that they didn't think of that fact when they designed the new builds. I also

This was posted in another thread, but thought it would be good to also post them here in case the subject was Searched and this thread came up....

I took these pictures from the bridge wings of the Royal Princess looking aft:

Starboard side looking aft

16366539903_21153ce76f_b.jpg

Port side looking aft

16798898598_440cdd4727_b.jpg

Edited by dmwnc1959