Alaska Cruises Sold Out?

I'm browsing through the 2016 Alaska cruises offered by RCCL and several of the cruise tour options are already sold out for every sailing? I thought the itineraries were just released! Do Alaska cruises always sell out so quickly? We weren't planning on booking our 2016 cruise until June...now I'm a little worried.

Take a closer look. I saw that this morning. I think the ones that are Sold Out are marked UK C/O or UK A/S. I would guess these are something specific not everyone. All of the regular tours seem available.

On a side note, my TA couldn't book any of the cruisetours this morning (before 9am) as they weren't available. I think they are still adding things to the system as we go.

Take a closer look. I saw that this morning. I think the ones that are Sold Out are marked UK C/O or UK A/S. I would guess these are something specific not everyone. All of the regular tours seem available.

On a side note, my TA couldn't book any of the cruisetours this morning (before 9am) as they weren't available. I think they are still adding things to the system as we go.

Thank you for the helpful response - I'll keep checking back.

I'm browsing through the 2016 Alaska cruises offered by RCCL and several of the cruise tour options are already sold out for every sailing? I thought the itineraries were just released! Do Alaska cruises always sell out so quickly? We weren't planning on booking our 2016 cruise until June...now I'm a little worried.

I just booked our Alaskan cruise today and yes, a lot of the balcony rooms are already booked even though they just announced the itineraries yesterday/today!

The 2016 itineraries are definitely not sold out. Probably a glitch or something.

I just checked on prices for both Explorer and Radiance and both showed plenty of availability. And FYI, our Alaska cruise last year was kind of a last minute decision, and I didn't book our June 2014 cruise until March 2014. Still managed to get a balcony.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

This here is the key. AK prices are always a premium over other cruises. Waiting a few months will only increase that!

I disagree with the prices.. Alaska has been my favorite cruise destination outisde of Asia. Being already very familiar with the region as already cruise 2X, first 7 day with HAL, then 14 days with NCL.

My actual experience is prices usually start high but tend to drop big as the sailing date approaches, especially those one way cruises.. (Vancouver to Whittier/Seward north or south bound), last year, I've watched in horror as balcony prices of NCL dropped to only $200 per stateroom after final payment and few weeks into the sailing, and the best NCL gave me as compensation is just a $100 OBC as it is already past final payment.

If you want actual data on what I said about prices, check the prices of NCL's Alaska cruises in their website, compare this year's prices to 2016 sailings.. you will notice that prices for this year are cheaper in average compared to 2016 prices since it is close to sailing date.

My advice is if you are particular with the ship's location, especially those sought after limited AFT balconies that is very ideal for Alaska.. book as soon as it comes out to secure that prime cabin spot.. But if you are the type who prefers to enjoy the view on public areas, or in the climate controlled explorers lounge upstairs, who doesn't mind the cabin type or location, book late this year or early next year when the prices start to go down or wait for an Alaska cruise SALE.

Another objective advice I can give, although RCCL is my preferred cruise line.. I don't usually book RCCL or Celebrity for Alaska because they don't have permits to enter Glacier Bay National Park. I really don't know why as this is an awesome scenic cruise day with so many glaciers and awesome view. Other cruise lines like NCL and Disney has managed to secure permits that was once monopolized by HAL and Princess.

so if you just cruised exclusively RCCL or Celebrity, you have missed Glacier Bay National Park as it is always either Hubbard or Tracy Arm in an RCCL Alaska cruise.

Edited by roquejo

I disagree with the prices.. Alaska has been my favorite cruise destination outisde of Asia. Being already very familiar with the region as already cruise 2X, first 7 day with HAL, then 14 days with NCL.

My actual experience is prices usually start high but tend to drop big as the sailing date approaches, especially those one way cruises.. (Vancouver to Whittier/Seward north or south bound), last year, I've watched in horror as balcony prices of NCL dropped to only $200 per stateroom after final payment and few weeks into the sailing, and the best NCL gave me as compensation is just a $100 OBC as it is already past final payment.

If you want actual data on what I said about prices, check the prices of NCL's Alaska cruises in their website, compare this year's prices to 2016 sailings.. you will notice that prices for this year are cheaper in average compared to 2016 prices since it is close to sailing date.

My advice is if you are particular with the ship's location, especially those sought after limited AFT balconies that is very ideal for Alaska.. book as soon as it comes out to secure that prime cabin spot.. But if you are the type who prefers to enjoy the view on public areas, or in the climate controlled explorers lounge upstairs, who doesn't mind the cabin type or location, book late this year or early next year when the prices start to go down or wait for an Alaska cruise SALE.

Another objective advice I can give, although RCCL is my preferred cruise line.. I don't usually book RCCL or Celebrity for Alaska because they don't have permits to enter Glacier Bay National Park. I really don't know why as this is an awesome scenic cruise day with so many glaciers and awesome view. Other cruise lines like NCL and Disney has managed to secure permits that was once monopolized by HAL and Princess.

so if you just cruised exclusively RCCL or Celebrity, you have missed Glacier Bay National Park as it is always either Hubbard or Tracy Arm in an RCCL Alaska cruise.

HAL(5) and Princess(6) have most ships in Alaska. Prices do drop closer to sailing but the airfare goes up as the season approaches. If your driving there are good prices around final payment date.

If flying book now and book airfare. If doing a land tour and cruise book ASAP because they are popular.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Forums mobile app

HAL(5) and Princess(6) have most ships in Alaska. Prices do drop closer to sailing but the airfare goes up as the season approaches. If your driving there are good prices around final payment date.

If flying book now and book airfare. If doing a land tour and cruise book ASAP because they are popular.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Forums mobile app

Aside from you cannot book airfare for 2016 Alaska season yet, price drops doesn't necessary mean last minute sailings, just closer....

Outrageous price drops do happen in the last minute, but prices just dropping to more affordable levels happen way before final payment period...

Look at NCL's Alaska prices for Sept 2015 for example, compare it to Sept 2016.. it is cheaper.. and Sept 2015 is still a lot of time to book airfare...and not yet final payment period... no airline sells tickets for Sept 2016.

Plus with Explorer in Alaska replacing Jewel next year, total capacity further increases for 2016.