Best Night for the Steakhouse on the Magic

EMBFlyer

It's been a few years since I've been on Carnival and I remember there being a night that's best to skip the dining room and go for the Steakhouse. Does anyone have an idea of which night that might be? My wife and I will be celebrating our 5th anniversary on the ship, so we want to do a special dinner. Thanks!

We did the second night for the free wine, but that was also the same night as elegant night...I still think it was worth it. I think most would say the first night, but we have a 4 year old and Camp Carnival isn't open the first night during dinner and we realize most go to the steakhouse for quiet and romance so we respect that and don't take him.

We usually try to go to the Steakhouse the third night of a seven night cruise (the night before the first port) for two reasons. First, the menu in the main dining room is not as appealing as the other nights to my family. That is most important to us! Second, we usually try to have a calm night before our first port stop. All the food you eat at the steakhouse makes it really easy to fall asleep early!

I wouldn't want to miss elegant night and we are usually tired on port days after a full day out and about. The last night of the cruise we have packed and usually don't want to get too dressed up for dinner.