What night is the first formal everning ?

Cozzette2

If we board Sat. is the first formal night on Sunday or Monday? I am hoping Sunday. We are having a wedding Sunday afternoon and it would be nice to wear all the wedding clothes to dinner. I know we could put it all back on for Monday if that is the night.

I just have totally forgotten which night it will be.

Kris

I was just on the Caribbean Princess last week on a Sat. to Sat. Caribbean cruIse. The 1st formal night was Sunday (a sea day) and the 2nd was Wednesday (a port day). But I think it will probably depend on the itinerary, CD, etc. Maybe post so that people currently on the Crown doing your itinerary will see it and comment.

All of our formal nights have been on sea days. They have never been first night due to people still unpacking or last night due to luggage having been removed. Perhaps someone who has been on the identical cruise you are planning can tell you definitely for your cruise.

Someone said they had one on a port day; while that may occasionally happen, I believe most formal nights occur on sea days.

The first day onboard you should check the Princess Patter. It tells which nights are formal nights.

I just pulled up your itinerary and see that you're doing the Mexican Riviera, and that you have back-to-back sea days on Sunday and Monday, and a sea day your last day (Friday). I agree with others that, in my experience, Princess tries to schedule Formal Nights on sea days, and I would also agree that your first Formal Night will likely be your first sea day, Sunday night.

In addition - not that you asked - they never do Formal Nights on the last night of a cruise, so your second formal night will have to be on a port day. They usually try to schedule port day Formal Nights on days when you leave port on the early side. I see that you leave Cabo at 2:00 p.m. on Thursday and would, therefore, strongly suspect that this will be your second formal night. This also mitigates in favor of your first Formal Night being on Sunday, as they typically try not to schedule Formal Nights too close together on an itinerary.

Unfortunately, this is all speculation, but some educated guessing based on past experiences. Perhaps someone else will be able to provide more concrete information.

Hope it works out as you wish, and hope you have a great cruise - and wedding! :D

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere

If we board Sat. is the first formal night on Sunday or Monday? I am hoping Sunday. We are having a wedding Sunday afternoon and it would be nice to wear all the wedding clothes to dinner. I know we could put it all back on for Monday if that is the night.

Kris

Typically, it will be your first full Sea Day!

I just pulled up your itinerary and see that you're doing the Mexican Riviera, and that you have back-to-back sea days on Sunday and Monday, and a sea day your last day (Friday). I agree with others that, in my experience, Princess tries to schedule Formal Nights on sea days, and I would also agree that your first Formal Night will likely be your first sea day, Sunday night.

In addition - not that you asked - they never do Formal Nights on the last night of a cruise, so your second formal night will have to be on a port day. They usually try to schedule port day Formal Nights on days when you leave port on the early side. I see that you leave Cabo at 2:00 p.m. on Thursday and would, therefore, strongly suspect that this will be your second formal night. This also mitigates in favor of your first Formal Night being on Sunday, as they typically try not to schedule Formal Nights too close together on an itinerary.

Unfortunately, this is all speculation, but some educated guessing based on past experiences. Perhaps someone else will be able to provide more concrete information.

Hope it works out as you wish, and hope you have a great cruise - and wedding! :D

Agree with the above! Your Formal Nights will be Sunday and Thursday nights! :)

LuLu

Kris

On Sunday.

Good points Derrick. :)

When we were on the Crown a couple of weeks ago, our first formal night was the second sea day and second formal night was Day 5, Cabo day (I think!). It was probably this night because we left that port at 1:30. I will confirm the second that when I get home.

Edited by Terre