How low do they go?

graygirl

I've only cruised once several years ago on a more expensive line and haven't kept up with pricing trends. Now I'm looking at a five night out of New Orleans with rates less than $300 for an inside in September. Seems like a good deal, but do they ever go lower?

I've only cruised once several years ago on a more expensive line and haven't kept up with pricing trends. Now I'm looking at a five night out of New Orleans with rates less than $300 for an inside in September. Seems like a good deal, but do they ever go lower?

yes. shop around, sometimes amenities make a certain cruise more valuable over others

For example, lets say you found a 7 day out of New Orleans for 300. CCL

On a different cruise line, like lets say NCL, they are offering a 7 day for 599.00 pp, with free drink package for 2 AND guests 3-4 sail free

So for some people, its worth the extra money to go with the more expensive cruise because of the added extras, some people don't

It just depends

I got a 7 day on NCL in Feb for 349.00 pp with free drinks included. Some people we knew got it even less for that with free drinks and OBC. I could have went with RCI (Preferred cruiseline) for the same price on a newer ship, but not gotten the free drinks - but the drink package value was 900.00 for both me and my husband, and we can easily spend 300.00 for a bar bill on a 7 day cruise, so we chose the NCL one.

So yes, a 5 night CAN be found lower, although I find longer cruises to be cheaper per night

Always pays to check around

Edited by aubreyc1988

My short answer to the question is yes, it certainly could go lower.

My long answer to the question is if it is an itinerary that you want to go on and are comfortable with the price right now then I would book it. Not book runs the risk of the prices going up and never coming back down. With the cruise still being far enough out you could book ES and receive OBC if the price goes down after final payment.

Happy sailing.