Florence or Cinque Terra Excursion?

sabrefan

There are times (not sure about this case) that museums will open for the cruise tours. For me, Florence was a definite multi-day stop. I don't know what I would have thought about it as a one day "affair". As for Cinque Terra, I agree with the posters who say that to be appreciated, it must be experienced (at least in part) from a water perspective. When our cruise was there, it was being done only by land, due to weather, so I opted out of the excursion. My DH did it with just trains and buses, and was disappointed.

So I haven't answered your question, but have given you more to base your decision on.

Ann

My wife and I will be sailing from Venice on the Marina for 10 day cruise on October 4, 2015. After spending 3 days in Venice the cruise stops in Dubrovnik, Kotor, Taormina, Sorrento/Capri, Rome, Florence and ends in Monte Carlo. I know we will be seeing a lot of old structures on this trip and I am thinking that by the time we get to Florence it may be time to see some another type of scenery. This is why I am taking of going to Cinque Terra instead of going into Florence. We are in Florence on a Monday and have read that museums are sometimes closed on Monday. Photography is also a hobby of mine and I love taking pictures of landscapes and wildlife. Landscape photos of Cinque Terra on line look spectacular. Just wondering what others think of my logic regarding skipping going on a tour into Florence or not?

In case it's of any help or interest, from my (Marina) cruise in 2013 I went to Cinque Terre from La Spezia (October 14) and Pisa/Lucca from Livorno (October 15) and made these. All the best, Tony

[YOUTUBE]MPZfm28F_lc[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]tV17niTbwmE[/YOUTUBE]