Jolly Roger Pirate excurision

Sandy Smith

• 4 weeks later...

Sandy, DW did this April 04 and had a great time. This particular pirate cruise had a wide range of age groups. Families with young children to approaching senior citizens. In addition to the ever flowing rum punch, you also got a nice cruise around the island to a quiet beach. While anchored, they put out the 'plank' for people to jump off as well as a roap swing into the water. We went to the beach to relax.

On the way back, the rum mysteriously found it's way into my cup more frequently. DW and I were remarried "Pirate Style".

Very fun day, but do not make any plans for that evening back on ship.

Don

My experience is that the pirate ship docked in the pier area right by our ship (Destiny). I saw folks coming off the Jolly Roger at the end of their trip and many of them were completely blotto. Not all from the same group, either. Some missed dinner.

Now, I'm sure the experience can vary widely based on the individuals. One gang of young adults I recognized from bars on the ship -- they were prone to having a good time but were hardly rambunctious. They were careening into the walls once back on the Destiny.

Wish I'd gone!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

We went on it off the Legand in Jan 2006.....it was OUTSTANDING!:D

I remember the first 3 hrs...gotta love rum punch...lots of drinking, rope swinging, drinking, plank walking, drinking, and I Love You Man's!

The last thing I recall is the run punch being put away...I have no idea how we got back to the ship, but i was told the 4 of us held hands and sung our way tru the crusie terminal back to the ship...I think my friends mom was trying to hide from us(unsucessfulLy from what I was told) in the terminal.

link to pics...

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/signal9tn/my_photos

You will have a great time if you like to have a good time with fellow drinkers!

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking about doing this one for me and dh and ds (age 6).

My ds is not shy and I don't have him being in front of adults having a party - heck he is used to my family ;)

I read above that there were families of all ages - is is okay for me to take ds age 6 on this?

Does the crew dress like pirates?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived