Hyatt Pier 66 or Marriott Marina (which one??)

iluvcruises

We loved the Hyatt. Great location and has a water taxi stop. The pools are great, but you may want to contact the hotel first to make sure they will be revamped by the time you arrive. They are currently being renovated. Both are supposed to be great, but we have only stayed the Pier 66. That would be our choice. Good luck.

I have stayed at both hotels, but more recently the Marriott Marina. Both hotels are very, very nice and in a great location. I would give the Marriott a slight edge. You can't go wrong with either hotel. But like the poster above said, be aware the hotel is undergoing some renovations and the pool is closed at the Hyatt from now until, I think sometime in October or so, not sure of the date, but I do know the pool is closed for renovations.

Hyatt Pier 66's pool renovations are from mid-August through October 25th. We'll be there post-cruise on Nov 4th and hope the pool will be reopened. If not, the Hyatt will shuttle you to their sister property, Bahia Mar, or to the beach. We got it on Priceline (4* Beach) for $110 for Friday, Nov 4th.

I find them both to be outstanding properties but I prefer the Hyatt. I believe what gives the Hyatt an edge are their tropical gardens, the pools, and the revolving rooftop lounge. Sitting on 22 tropical acres doesn't hurt either. Six restaurants is a plus. Their marina is pretty impressive as well.

When the $14 million dollar renovation is complete it will be second to none. ;)

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/local/sfl-zpier03sep03,0,6688303.story?coll=sfla-home-headlines&track=mostemailedlink

(At least for a couple of years until the Trump hotels, the W and the other luxury hotels starting construction in Ft Lauderdale are completed.)

Archived