Carnival Platinum on next Cruise - question

LuckyZ

We are at 72 days and turning Platinum on our next 7 day cruise in December.

Questions:

1) will I be treated as Platinum upon arrival at the ship or do they wait until my 3rd day when we hit our 75th cruise day

2) can we start taking advantage of the free laundry benefit from the 1st day of the cruise or again do we have to wait until the 3rd day

Any help is appreciated.

Unless they have change something in the last year, you will be platinum as soon as you arrive. It should show up as priority on your boarding pass as soon as your cruise is paid in full. I reached platinum on the second leg of a b2b and my card was platinum both legs of the cruise. :)

Questions:

1) will I be treated as Platinum upon arrival at the ship or do they wait until my 3rd day when we hit our 75th cruise day

2) can we start taking advantage of the free laundry benefit from the 1st day of the cruise or again do we have to wait until the 3rd day

Any help is appreciated.

Yes, at least when I cruised Carnival in Nov, their site says as long as you reach a higher level on any day during the cruise you will get that status from day 1 of the cruise. I was reaching gold on day 5 of that 8 day cruise, and I got the gold sign and sail card when I checked in.

Questions:

You will receive your Platinum S&S card upon embarkation. :D When you give your luggage to the porters, make sure they put the orange FTTF stickers on each piece so you get your luggage quickly. (Hopefully.)

You'll get free laundry starting the first day, three bags per Platinum passenger. On the laundry form, at the top right, there should be a shaded section. There is a space to write your folio number. Below that, not in the shaded area, you'll have the option of checking "same day service" or "next day service." Check whichever box you want.

We love the free laundry service. I learned to stuff the bags. I roll up the clothes into tight logs then place the largest items in the bottom of the bag vertically followed by another layer on top horizontally. I snake small items, like socks and undies, in between. I usually get around 27 items in the one bag, which comes bag clean in three bags. I don't send shrinkables or delicates though. We wash those in the machine ourselves.

Any help is appreciated.

Enjoy your Platinum benefits. Have a great cruise.

Thanks for everyone's help. One more question. Our 2 sons are traveling with us but they are in a different cabin and they are NOT Platinum

If my wife and I will get priority boarding status, will they be able to get priority boarding if they are with us when we arrive at the cruise terminal?

Thanks for everyone's help. One more question. Our 2 sons are traveling with us but they are in a different cabin and they are NOT Platinum

If my wife and I will get priority boarding status, will they be able to get priority boarding if they are with us when we arrive at the cruise terminal?

How old are they?

One more question. Our 2 sons are traveling with us but they are in a different cabin and they are NOT Platinum

Here is Carnival's policy regarding your question:

Priority Check-In Program

Carnival’s Priority Check-In is an exclusive service designed to afford our Platinum and Diamond guests and those traveling in deluxe suite accommodations with special check-in privileges. Cruise documents are stamped, PRIORITY and state, if you have priority check-in (listed on your documents), please proceed to the PRIORITY lounge.

Just ask for ‘Priority Check-In’ upon arrival at the cruise terminal. Embarkation staff will ensure that are expedited through the check-in procedure as quickly as is possible, while providing quality service.

Please Note:

• We offer Priority Check-In at ALL embarkation ports.

• Deluxe Suite Accommodations include the following categories: CS ES GS SS VS OS JS OB

For those guests traveling with additional staterooms that do not fall into either of the categories above, these additional staterooms may check in through the Priority Check-In Program only if there are minor children traveling in them.

Also note that they are rooming with 2 other boys in their 20's that are Platinum

If I understood your follow-up about their age, they are in the same cabin with other passengers that are Platinum, so they would be afforded the priority boarding based on the status of their room mates, not based on your priority status

25 and 21. Also note that they are rooming with 2 other boys in their 20's that are Platinum

Since your sons' roomies are Platinum, your sons will get priority boarding, but no other Platinum benefits.

Have a great cruise.