Paperless

wyobean

We made a last minute reservation for a cruise on April 11 on the Divina. I have checked in on line and received my docs. However, we are out of the country and it is not convenient for us to find a printer. Will they accept the email I can show them on my IPad? And will they have extra luggage tags that can be filled out when we drop off the luggage. We fly in the afternoon of our cruise. We have only sailed on MSC one other time and I really can't remember much about their specific checkin process....thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We made a last minute reservation for a cruise on April 11 on the Divina. I have checked in on line and received my docs. However, we are out of the country and it is not convenient for us to find a printer. Will they accept the email I can show them on my IPad? And will they have extra luggage tags that can be filled out when we drop off the luggage. We fly in the afternoon of our cruise. We have only sailed on MSC one other time and I really can't remember much about their specific checkin process....thanks.

From my understanding you will be able to check in but it just might take a little longer. I would definitely fill out your pre-board information, and either hope it saves or better yet take a picture of it and all the pages. I would make sure to get the bar code in the picture because they can probably just scan it directly from your tablet. I have seen many post saying you can get luggage tags at the port. You should get your email with all your info & tags, make sure to save it and put all that in a folder on your tablet for fast easy access. (Sorry I'm OCD about stuff like that) ..😀

This is directly from the MSC website about embarkation:

Online check-inÂ

Online Check in has been created to help ensure you get off to a flying start, speeding you through the embarkation process. Thanks to an online check-in procedure you can follow at your convenience before you leave home. All passengers in the same booking will need to register in advance, filling in their personal details and printing the form that is provided at the end of the registration process. The online check-in has to be completed 24 hours before your departure date, otherwise the system will not print the online boarding form needed to complete the embarkation procedure. Please remember that if you do not have this form with you when you embark, you will have to follow the normal check-in procedures.

Thanks, I read that, too. I do have the form, just not on paper. Heck, you can even board a plane with your phone now..,.the bar code is there and can be scanned. I guess I will find out and let you all know as I do not really want to spend time looking around for a printer.