Blue Lagoon Sold Out-recommendations for another excursion?

gpgirl

Tried to book Blue Lagoon Beach Day for 2 adults 3 kids and it is sold out (NCL Getaway). :(:(:(

What other excursions would you recommend for kids ages 15, 11, and 7? We do not want to dolphin swim etc but more a fun beach day with kids.

We will only be in Nassau from 12pm to 7pm so would Atlantis beach day be worth the money? TIA

Did you try booking independently through blue lagoon?

http://www.bahamasbluelagoon.com/beach-day.php

http://www.bahamasbluelagoon.com/reservations.php

Our plan b is Melia, there are a lot of great threads all about it.

I sent in a reservation request through Blue Lagoon directly...maybe because it is a weekend I have not heard back yet. I am not sure if we will have time to go to Blue Lagoon though.

On their website it states they depart for Blue Lagoon at 1:30pm and the last departure from there is 4pm. Will only give us 2 1/2 hours. Our cruise does not get into port at Nassau until 12pm.

Another option is to wait till you're on the ship and then try to book Blue Lagoon. Sometimes the cruise lines hold back a few tickets to give people a chance to book onboard.

But definitely have a plan B. I agree with Sooner-Cruises about Melia. With your hours, I wouldn't want to try Blue Lagoon on my own. We've done a day pass at Melia (when it was still Sheraton) and the day pass price isn't too bad even for just the afternoon. Yes, Melia is on Cable Beach.

Another option is to wait till you're on the ship and then try to book Blue Lagoon. Sometimes the cruise lines hold back a few tickets to give people a chance to book onboard.

But definitely have a plan B. I agree with Sooner-Cruises about Melia. With your hours, I wouldn't want to try Blue Lagoon on my own. We've done a day pass at Melia (when it was still Sheraton) and the day pass price isn't too bad even for just the afternoon. Yes, Melia is on Cable Beach.

Thank you for the info. I will try as soon as I get onboard. Melia seems like a great backup plan.

Depends on the resort. Some you just go to the front desk and buy them (first come, first serve). Melia and Breezes are like that. You can book British Colonial Hilton and RIU in advance through 3rd party vendors. RIU goes through Island Marketing. I'm not sure about British Colonial Hilton but if you do a quick search on this board, you should be able to find the information.

Edited by CruisinCrow