Question about aft cabin on Fantasy

Bluebeary

This is my first Disney cruise, second cruise overall. On my last cruise the cabin was mid-aft (more mid than aft), this time I am much further aft. Could anyone who has had an Aft cabin on 8th deck tell if there was a lot of noise/vibrations from engines. Thank you! :)

This is my first Disney cruise, second cruise overall. On my last cruise the cabin was mid-aft (more mid than aft), this time I am much further aft. Could anyone who has had an Aft cabin on 8th deck tell if there was a lot of noise/vibrations from engines. Thank you! :)

There is no way the engines will cause a vibration in your Stateroom, Deck 1 to deck 8 or !

The propellors churning through the water at certain speeds can cause a rhythmic vibration to reverberate throughout the superstructure of the ship especially Aft.

If you could post your Stateroom number that would help with reviews.

ex techie

Think about it this way.

The majority of crew sleep in decks A and B, below the water line and below deck 1 where you debark and embark the ship when stopping in ports of call.

The Magic Class has 3 decks below deck 1.

A, B and C.

Aft is the stores for provisions.

Midships to forward. They have the engine room directly below them, Forward they have the laundry below them.

"If" the engine vibration were that bad then they wouldn't be able to sleep and rest if the engines were the cause of the vibration......

Not the engines, just the props dependant on speed.

Just saying.

ex techie

I guess that shows you what a land lubber am LOL. Thank you!

No not at all! There is one poster who likes to say the vibrations in the Aft are because of the engines, even thou they are located Midships!

Ask questions, but if you have a specific question or in your case a Stateroom in mind, if you tell us, someone can better answer it!

Different areas of the ship will suffer from different things like vibrations, noise from the kids clubs (internally or them congregating outside after they close) or docking when the thrusters are used.

If you can provide specific's, that majorly helps anyone answer your question!

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

The only reason I know about the Magic class so specially is because I worked on the Magic, so do not feel any embarrassment about asking questions, and there are lots of people here who know more about the Guest experience than I do!

ex techie

Far aft on the Magic and Wonder on deck 7 we have experienced some vibration/noise during docking which at some point we were told is due to the thrusters used in that process. BUT we are talking about 2-3 minutes, not anything continuous or bothersome.

Far aft on the Magic and Wonder on deck 7 we have experienced some vibration/noise during docking which at some point we were told is due to the thrusters used in that process. BUT we are talking about 2-3 minutes' date=' not anything continuous or bothersome.[/quote']

Thank you!

The only reason I know about the Magic class so specially is because I worked on the Magic, so do not feel any embarrassment about asking questions, and there are lots of people here who know more about the Guest experience than I do!

ex techie

Very cool! Thank you for your response.

Well, don't know where aft your room is, but we were midship/aft on deck 10 on a recent cruise (just underneath the Arrrcade/starboard entrance to Cabanas).

The vibration in that room was very bad. Think of one of those cheesy motel vibrating beds (only more so). I was quite evident when the ship was traveling at her higher speeds at night (all night). The water glasses in Animator's Palate and Royal Court were actually vibrating off the tables near us.

We also had a room on deck 9, more midship on the port side, on the next cruise. While less, there was still vibration in that room. Now, I can't say whether the vibration was less due to the more forward location, or the different itinerary we were on, but it was still there.. First cruise was Eastern, second - Western.