Increase base cruise price or all these extras?

Single Cruiser

I'd prefer to pay ..  

32 members have voted

1. 1. I'd prefer to pay ..

• greatly reduced cruise fare, more a la carte onboard, eg: waterslides wristband
    • Slightly less cruise fare and all "extras" charged for
    • About the same as pre Del Rio
    • Slightly more cruise fare with extras included ( say pizza everywhere free) etc..
    • Substantially more cruise fare with all grats, speciality meals, free room service etc. included
    • More packaged options you can pre-pay, ents package, comms package etc.

So I guess the argument is other than DSC no one is asking you to buy drinks at the bar with the increased grats or buy a speciality meal with the 18% or order room service.

But given the option would you prefer to reduce remove dining grats, room service convenience charge and pay more upfront?

The idea of a cruise vacation being "all in" and making you feel pampered is one of the main attractions for our family.

We do avoid most items that carry extra charges - much as we do in our everyday life. It's not how we roll.

But if it becomes a constant battle between the 2 tiers of sailing - those who pay for the *extras* and those who don't. We won't be choosing cruising any longer. There are many other options for our vacation dollar that don't involve saying no a 100 times a day and explaining to my kids (and my husband ! :) ) why you can go in certain areas and eat certain things.

I would rather choose my holiday upfront than spend my vacation in negotiations with my calculator out

Edited by tanyaewa

For packages I'm thinking.

UBP: have an option that includes bottled water, coffee, mini bar drinks etc..

UDP: includes pizza anywhere and room service meals (without convenience fee)

A communications package: I concierge calls, x mins from stateroom phone and x mins/unlimited wifi internet access

Ents package: inc. cirque or equivalent, one game per bingo session, arcade/pool tables/bowling etc..

Shore ex package: one per port, included gangway photos at each port etc..

The idea being you can select the packages upfront to create a cruise price and that's it, 0 onboard to worry about, cash deposits, card holds etc..