Rain on embarkation - wet luggage?

WKUTops

spray your luggage with a water hose. If it gets wet, than the answer will by yes!

However, luggage should protect what is inside, so feel inside. If it is wet, than you get your answer.

Mine stays dry. :D

Oh my goodness! Thanks for the laugh!!!!!!! I really needed it.

Latest Accuweather forecast shows it to be cloudy and cool but only a slight chance of rain in Galveston this Sunday. Hope the forecast is right. No matter...always sunshine filled on the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you use the space bags, your clothes will stay dry and be compressed so you can get more into your suitcase. One year (out of Galveston) we put garbage bags (with a slit for the handle) over our suitcases, then pulled them off once we got inside. We also put packing tape on our luggage tags so the ink doesn't run & the paper doesn't disintegrate.
I've always wondered about those. Don't your clothes get badly wrinkled?

I've always wondered about those. Don't your clothes get badly wrinkled?

I use the space saver bags on a family trip to Chicago from South Carolina not too long ago. They didn't seem to be too much wrinkling except for a dress shirt which was easily remedied by the iron in the condo. However the cruise ship obviously won't have the same amenities as equally available. And the communal iron would be an option as well as the steam in the shower.

Probably not but at lease the luggage tag was readable thanks to the tape. Readable made for easy delivery.

Packing tape on hand . Doing our luggage tagging tomorrow for embarkation on Monday.

Are We there yet?

I put a large black garbage bag on the bottom of the suitcase before I start packing. it goes up the sides and it gives you two layers of plastic. When I am finished packing I put another black garbage bag on top and tuck the side down. All my clothes are protected. While our suitcase was wet, our clothes stayed dry.

Great tip!

Yes, my clothes do seem more wrinkled in the space bags, so as soon as I get to my cabin (I carry on my luggage), I unpack & hang everything. Most wrinkles will fall out - others I may iron out (but not likely). I don't worry too much about wrinkles on vacation, but knit and prints travel better than solids & cottons when it comes to wrinkles.

I always pack our stuff in the large zip lock bags (I get them on Amazon). Everything gets sorted by "themes": casual, shoes, pjs, etc... It makes unpacking in the cabin easy and also protects our things from getting wet. They're great for dirty clothes and taking into port for wet towels, too.

Are you priority of any kind with immediate access to your cabin? If so, there's the option of carrying them on with you so they don't get stuck sitting outside.

By this point, a little over three years later, I doubt that it matters. :D

(Still, the "large trash bag" idea mentioned above is a great one. I'm adding those to my list of things to bring, just in case.)