So how small is the shower?

I think the showers with doors are all curved like a tube and while I had to open the door to pick up the soap, it was fine otherwise.

The bathrooms are small, but work out OK as long as you would work out a schedule to use the shower with 4 people needing it.

Here is my 6'6" husband in the shower (fully clothed). He was so happy to see that he had headroom, we didn't really think about the circumference of the "tube of cleanliness." Love that, by the way! He's 280 pounds or thereabouts, but he fits in there fairly well.

image.jpg

We have not been on that ship but I'm sure it's pretty close to the same. I've often joked to my husband that if I dropped the soap I would probably hit my head on the wall of the shower trying to bend over to pick the soap up. :p I've heard that you can buy one of those suction thingamabobs to put on the wall of the shower so you can place your foot on to shave your legs.

Other than that I don't think your daughters are going to have a problem. They will be so happy to be on the cruise that a small shower is not a big problem. I hope everything works well with you. Happy cruising!

I feel like anyone who is tall or overweight may have a very hard time closing the door.

Not true at least in my case, and I'm probably among the most gravitationally gifted here, in the 475 or so range. Being a guy I can't report on any leg-shaving success or failure, and luckily I didn't drop the soap the entire week I was on the Freedom, but I was able to shower without problems, only the occasional flailing elbow banging the door when I forgot about where I was. So OP, don't worry about it. If I can use that size shower, anyone less upholstered should have no problem.

Not true at least in my case, and I'm probably among the most gravitationally gifted here, in the 475 or so range. Being a guy I can't report on any leg-shaving success or failure, and luckily I didn't drop the soap the entire week I was on the Freedom, but I was able to shower without problems, only the occasional flailing elbow banging the door when I forgot about where I was. So OP, don't worry about it. If I can use that size shower, anyone less upholstered should have no problem.

Thank you! I have checked the shower off my "things to worry about" list.

For leg shaving, I have often found it easiest to step out of the shower and use the put my foot on the toilet and then hop back in the shower. I just throw a towel on the floor. The pull down shower heads are really helpful in these small showers. While they are tight most people will have no problems.

I weigh close to 300 and always found the showers a little tight. Not to be too graphic, but washing my feet became a problem! One solution is to use the gym showers which are nice and big. Another solution (for us) is that we get a junior suite because it has the tub/shower combo which is more than big enough.