So how small is the shower?

I will be sailing with my girls on Indy in October. In order to save for fun stuff, and since we don't plan on spending any time in our room except to sleep and change, we booked an inside quad (my girls are my teen dd's).

I have heard talk of the tiny bathrooms and just figured they are smaller than hotel bathrooms, which is to be expected. However, I saw a vlog from Indy a few weeks ago and the young woman appeared to be standing in the shower at one point (inside cabin) and it didn't look like she had much room to move in there. I'm a little curious as to how much room there is for a larger than typical person.

It's hard to describe the size. Yes, it is small. The shower curtain will stick to you when you are trying to shower. Take some plastic clothes pins (dollar store) and clip to the bottom to weigh it down and help with that.

For a larger person you might have to just leave the shower curtain open and ask for a couple of extra towels to mop up the bathroom floor.

You will manage.

Have a great cruise!

I will be sailing with my girls on Indy in October. In order to save for fun stuff, and since we don't plan on spending any time in our room except to sleep and change, we booked an inside quad (my girls are my teen dd's).

I have heard talk of the tiny bathrooms and just figured they are smaller than hotel bathrooms, which is to be expected. However, I saw a vlog from Indy a few weeks ago and the young woman appeared to be standing in the shower at one point (inside cabin) and it didn't look like she had much room to move in there. I'm a little curious as to how much room there is for a larger than typical person.

I'm 6'1" 235 and have no problem in the shower but I've had plenty of practice. :D

dunno about specifics of your ship/cruise

but others have mentioned using the showers of the spa or health area in this situation ... fluffy and/or many sharing one bath ... the showers tend to be larger ....

something to look into anyway

It's hard to describe the size. Yes, it is small. The shower curtain will stick to you when you are trying to shower. Take some plastic clothes pins (dollar store) and clip to the bottom to weigh it down and help with that.

For a larger person you might have to just leave the shower curtain open and ask for a couple of extra towels to mop up the bathroom floor.

You will manage.

Have a great cruise!

Indy has shower curtains? I thought all the Freedom class ships had doors on the showers.

I am 6'2" and weigh around 335. When on the Allure the shower was tight, but doable for me. Not sure if the shower is the same size or the Indy or not. Like someone else hs said, you can also se the shower in the spa/gym. Those are nice from what i hear and with 2 teenage daughters you might just prefer to shower in there. There is a YouTube video of an interior room on the Freedom. That shows the abthroom starting around 1:50 in. I posted the link below.

Indy has shower curtains? I thought all the Freedom class ships had doors on the showers.

Indy has doors on all showers, except those showers that are part of a bathtub, such as a JS or GS.

Yeah, I haven't been on the Indy, specifically, but I'm a larger than average person (6' 3") and the showers in the normal cabins have never been a problem for me. They're not roomy, but there was always enough space to shower up comfortably enough. I don't think this is an issue to stress about. :cool:

They're smaller than any shower you've ever seen. I personally didn't have a problem with it and had enty of room to wash my hair, turn around and rinse etc. But I'm only 5'4" and weigh 110 pounds. I feel like anyone who is tall or overweight may have a very hard time closing the door.

I'm fat, and had no problems with the showers on the Independence - I don't even remember finding them small. I may have bumped my elbow once or twice when washing my hair, but that's just clumsiness :) I wax, so never tried shaving my legs! The shower definitely had a door, not a curtain.

There are pics of our cabin's bathroom in my Independence pictorial review, which is linked in my signature. We had an interior room, so yours will likely be identical.

EDIT: Found the post, here you go:

Embarkation went very fast and we were aboard in about twenty minutes. It was already after 1 p.m. so we dropped off the luggage in the room and walked around the ship for awhile. Having been on Freedom of the Seas before, Independence seemed nearly identical. The ship was in great shape with very little signs of wear and tear.

Our cabin was also very clean and has the sliding doors in the shower. After two cruises on ships with the attack shower curtains, I couldn't have been happier to see those doors. The bed had an "egg crate" foam pad on top of the mattress. I don't know who requested that be added, but I thank them as it made the bed much more comfortable.

Our cabin, #2671

232323232%7Ffp43838%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D394572%3B799326nu0mrj

The little table went into the closet following this picture

232323232%7Ffp437%3B4%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D394572%3B79%3B326nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp43889%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D3945728657326nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp43846%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D394572%3B7%3A3326nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp43832%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D394572%3B7%3A5326nu0mrj

Crown and Anchor gifts

232323232%7Ffp437%3C5%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D394572%3B7%3A8326nu0mrj

Edited by DarthGrady

They're smaller than any shower you've ever seen. I personally didn't have a problem with it and had enty of room to wash my hair, turn around and rinse etc. But I'm only 5'4" and weigh 110 pounds. I feel like anyone who is tall or overweight may have a very hard time closing the door.

No, it's really not that bad. I'm 6'3" and around 230ish, and it's not a problem for me. And there has been similar input from a couple guys bigger than I.