Oasis-New Suite Lounge

We did eat in CK 4 nights but I actually ordered the salmon from the 1st menu twice. I think if you are truly looking for a "dining experience" each night then you definitely may want to mix it up more than we did. My original observation was that for a Suite "perk" this was an outstanding place to eat dinner in a "no additional charge" restaurant. Yes, the atmosphere was nice and yes, the food was good :) I enjoy Chops but only wanted a heavy meal (steak, lots of sides etc..) one night. One of the 4 nights we dined at CK we had a late lunch at Giovanni's (with the Captain and Senior Officers) which was very interesting and enjoyable but after heavy Italian food, we didn't want a lot for dinner.

I am sure you could request the same waiter. We found that we saw most of them each night and got to know them regardless if we were seated at their table. I really enjoyed Decan…he had an awesome personality.

Thanks so much for your feedback. We aren't really looking for a different "dining experience" each night, just trying to decide between more nights in CK vs more nights in the MDR. We prefer not to do the specialty restaurants. I'm sorry for all the questions, but I have just one more... :) I read in your previous post that you ate in the MDR once. How did the food there compare to CK?

With the recent change to the A & B menus at day five I am thinking you could do every night in CK if you wanted. We did three and could have easily done five. I would throw in Chef's Table one night, it's like sitting in CK. The venue is small so you will see the waiters even if they aren't working your table. Here is a photo looking from CK toward SL. CT is just to the left behind the staff in white shirt.

IMG_3934.jpg.0915191b73abec596c97d14a4c58dbaa.jpg

With the recent change to the A & B menus at day five I am thinking you could do every night in CK if you wanted. We did three and could have easily done five. I would throw in Chef's Table one night, it's like sitting in CK. The venue is small so you will see the waiters even if they aren't working your table. Here is a photo looking from CK toward SL. CT is just to the left behind the staff in white shirt.

Great to here. I am considering only going to the MDR on formal nights and going to CK the rest of the time.

We are planning on CK 4 nights. Eager to see what the 2nd menu is all about. Hopefully someone soon will be able to post it. Can someone verify that this is still the original menu?

APPETIZERS

Hummus Trip, Whipped Goat Cheese, Guacamole Tapenade, Almond Tabbouleh, Smoked Eggplant Dip, Crispy Flatbread

ZUCCHINI FRITO

Stuffed with Fresh Ricotta, Fra Diavolo Sauce

SEVILLIAN DEVILS ON HORSEBACK

Serrano Ham-Wrapped Dates, Stuffed with Manchego Cheese, Quince Membrillo

SALAMI & FETA CROSTINI

Toasted Baguette, Roasted Grapes, Herbes De Provence, Olive Oil Drizzle

ASPARAGUS & LEEK TART

Gruyere Cheese, Puff Pastry Shell

SEA BASS CEVICHE

Pink Peppercorn, Grapefruit Segments, Avocado Cream, Cucumber Jalapeño Salsa

GOLDEN BEET SALAD

Quinoa Pilaf, Avocado, Citrus-Caesar Vinaigrette

NAPA CHARCUTERIE

Domestic Cured Meats, Flatbread Crisps, Diced Fruit Compote, Cornichons

ENTREES

COASTAL KITCHEN FLATBREADS

Margherita: Buffalo Mozzarella, Plum Tomatoes, Fresh Basil

Fennel Sausage: Roasted Peppers, Smoked Mozzarella

Bianca: Ricotta, Fresh Mozzarella, Roasted Garlic, Portobello

Fig & Prosciutto: Balsamic-Caramelized Onions, Taleggio Cheese

Smoked Chicken: Chipotle BBQ Sauce, Gouda, Cilantro

SEARED SCALLOPS

Avocado Butter, Crispy Shallots, Piquillo Pepper Polenta

HERB CRUSTED CHICKEN

Preserved Lemons, Acorn Squash, Provencal Tomatoes

SALMON STEAK

Lavender Cous Cous, Tangerine Beurre Blanc

SPICE RUBBED RIB EYE

Cabernet-Currant Reduction, Sweet Potato Hash

HALIBUT PICATTA

Lemon, Capers, White Wine Sauce, Spaghetti Vegetables

GRILLED FILET MIGNON

Charred Asparagus, Crispy-Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Mushroom Reduction

SLICED LEG OF LAMB

Arugula Salsa Verde, Tomato and Squash Gratin

DESSERTS

BLOOD ORANGE CAKE

Hint of Olive Oil, Cheesecake Ice Cream

CHOCOLATE & FIGS

Grilled Figs, Dark Chocolate Nut Bark, Fleur de Sel, Fig Cookie Gelato

DULCE DE LECHE PROFITEROLES

Cranberry-White Chocolate Cream Filling

WINE & CHEESE

Merlot-Poached Pear, Ricotta Tart, Almond Crust

PHYLLO CUSTARD NEST

Shredded Phyllo Nest, Semolina Custard, Cinnamon Walnut Crumble, Rose Syrup

DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CANNOLI

Chocolate Shell, Milk-Chocolate Mascarpone Filling, Bittersweet Chips

DARK CHOCOLATE TIRAMISU

Raspberry Coulis

SALTED CARAMEL & WHITE CHOCOLATE PUDDING

Waffle Cone Crisps

PEACH SWIRLED ICE CREAM

Cinnamon Crumb Streusel

Thanks james - any intel on the cabanas at Labadee? If I don't get one, Mr Wolf is going to have a conniption fit. :D I'm guessing I can't hit the concierge up until about 2 weeks out. Also - anyone know if the suite sun deck is staffed and open on embarkation day?

Thanks so much for your feedback. We aren't really looking for a different "dining experience" each night, just trying to decide between more nights in CK vs more nights in the MDR. We prefer not to do the specialty restaurants. I'm sorry for all the questions, but I have just one more... :) I read in your previous post that you ate in the MDR once. How did the food there compare to CK?

Because of CK we never set foot in the mdr or windjammer the whole week when we were on oasis back in December. We mixed it up with the SR's and had room service 1 night. Even though there was only 1 menu back then they would vary how things were cooked, different sides, etc. For example 1 night I ordered the chicken but asked them if they could bring it like it was the steak, with the steak sides, no problem

Because of CK we never set foot in the mdr or windjammer the whole week when we were on oasis back in December. We mixed it up with the SR's and had room service 1 night. Even though there was only 1 menu back then they would vary how things were cooked, different sides, etc. For example 1 night I ordered the chicken but asked them if they could bring it like it was the steak, with the steak sides, no problem

Nice to hear. Not sure what we're going to do yet. We'll definitely be going to CK on day 1, MDR on days 2 & 5, and 150 Central Park on day 4. We'll fill in the rest with either CK or the MDR! :D

CK was always busy but only on Formal Nights did I notice it being "crowded". My suggestion would be to actually make a reservation for one of those nights in advance.

Yes, the complimentary beer/wine from 11:00-11:00 was before and after the full bar from 5:00-8:30. I know this for a fact because my Husband wanted a Baileys on Ice for an after dinner drink and it happened to be after 8:30 and it would not have been "included". The following evening he made sure to order his "after" dinner drink before 8:30 to have while seated at CK.

Are there also complimentary soft drinks?

On the Oasis right now and had dinner at the Coastal Kitchen tonight. I thought the food was good, but the service was lacking in my opinion. Maybe I caught it on a bad night, but our server was very absent and he seemed to be running around like a chicken with his head cut off. I noticed other servers that did not seem as flustered and hurried as ours was. I took a while for our order to be taken. During the meal, we had to wait over 10 minutes to get my daughter's water refilled. Then after waiting for a while to get the dinner dishes cleared off, he pretty much threw the dessert menus down, gave a quick recommendation and ran off. After another 10 minutes or so without even seeing him, another server came over and took our dessert order. I was a little disappointed, but I will probably try it again on night 6 or 7 when the menus turn over.

At two weeks I would send the concierge an Email asking about cabanas. If you know specific locations ask for them by number. I Emailed at two months and heard zero. I Emailed at two weeks and got an answer in two days. About 3-4 days later is when the mass Email went out to all suite guest and by then I think there were only 11 left.

The suite sun deck (17 forward) should be available as it only takes your gold card to open the gate. The only service is the bar, which didn't have great hours during the entire cruise so I doubt it will be open during sail away. That will be a great spot for sail away.

At two weeks I would send the concierge an Email asking about cabanas. If you know specific locations ask for them by number. I Emailed at two months and heard zero. I Emailed at two weeks and got an answer in two days. About 3-4 days later is when the mass Email went out to all suite guest and by then I think there were only 11 left.

The suite sun deck (17 forward) should be available as it only takes your gold card to open the gate. The only service is the bar, which didn't have great hours during the entire cruise so I doubt it will be open during sail away. That will be a great spot for sail away.

Hi James what cabana number in barefoot beach closet to the water would you suggest that has good shade and one that the sun doesn't shine directly into?? Cheers

I will be on Allure before Oasis, does anyone know if the new Suite Lounge that is on Oasis is also on Allure. It sounds like a nice location.

Smitty

The suite lounge is not currently on Allure, but is thought to be one of the changes during the upcoming dry dock.

We had S4 & S5 and had S2 & S3 on a prior trip. They sit toward the back of the BB area. They have plenty of shade and all the lounge chairs are directly in front of you so you don't get much foot traffic close to you. S2 is directly next to the main walk way from the main gate so there is a little foot traffic. Attached is a view looking out from S4 toward the water.

IMG_3960.jpg.974dc30c4ad106376441893f64eaf890.jpg

I have a photo of menu B for Coastal Kitchen, but cannot figure out how to make it big enough to read. Any suggestions?

I would like to know the answer to that question, also. I have never figured out how to post my photographs larger than thumbnails. I looked all over the FAQ's but no luck.

I have a photo of menu B for Coastal Kitchen, but cannot figure out how to make it big enough to read. Any suggestions?

You have to upload the photo to some photo sharing site, such as Flickr. Then you put a link to the photo in the post here on CC.

Thanks Sooner, I will try a bit earlier than normal. The worst they can do is ignore me. Hope someone figures out how to post those menus in the next 6 months - HA. I'm not too worried.

Thanks for the tip info - I wondered about it since we don't plan on going to the MDR at all. CK is going to be our Go To for most dinners.