Prices for cruises out of Baltimore

I head off on March 13 next year and I'm paying $2186 p.p for the 14 day cruise to 8 ports of call. I have 3 people with the extending balcony mid ship. I really at first thought it looked expensive but really when u take 2186$ ÷ 14 days at sea. Where can I get a room. 3 meals a day and entertainment shows for 154$/day. Can't get all that in Atlantis or Phillipsburg for that price.. I just have to keep reminding the other 2 it's a 14 day cruise!

I head off on March 13 next year and I'm paying $2186 p.p for the 14 day cruise to 8 ports of call. I have 3 people with the extending balcony mid ship. I really at first thought it looked expensive but really when u take 2186$ ÷ 14 days at sea. Where can I get a room. 3 meals a day and entertainment shows for 154$/day. Can't get all that in Atlantis or Phillipsburg for that price.. I just have to keep reminding the other 2 it's a 14 day cruise!

That's not too bad considering other people are paying more for a 7 day cruise!

Grandeur doesn't appeal to me because of the friday departures. That means I have to take off more than 1 week from work, and have to figure in that to the cost as well.

I've gotten really good deals out of Baltimore in Sept.

Is it just me or are the cruises out of Baltimore seem really expensive??

We're only 3 hours away from Baltimore and have never sailed out of there. Or out of NY for that matter. I've counted up the costs each year. It has always come out the same or less to travel to Florida- at least in the Summer. Plus you get a better variety of ships and ports. I do want to give the Pride a try though. One day.

I also think its pretty expensive, but it could be worse (look at the Grandeur in comparison).

We're paying just under $3500 including all our excursions and projected onboard expenses for a week in December for 4 of us in a balcony room. We looked at a similar week with the Grandeur and fare alone was over $4k.

For us- the cost to fly all four of us and all our stuff to another port just isn't any cheaper than sailing out of baltimore. Plus- here we can drive out the morning of and be home the night we dock. No hotels means no extra packing or unpacking with two small kids. Worth it.

I was just on the Pride out of Tampa on March 1. We are excited it's returning to MD. We stopped by the future cruise desk and asked if there were any specials out of Baltimore and the guy replied rather quickly, No...he said it's the market and even admitted the itinerary wasn't even that great.

So many travel from the surrounding states so they don't really have to offer rates as low as some of the FL ports.

I got a great deal and will be on the Pride again in a few short weeks.

I had no idea that they had so many price differences. But I think I would pay pretty much anything when I have my mind made up to cruise! We have cruised many times out of Florida ports but May will be out first time out of Baltimore. (booked about 8 mths ago and paying 2,000 for 2 ppl in one of the french door interior rooms). I am just so excited..from the time I leave my front door till I get on the ship will be around 2 hrs!! We cruised Miracle twice and loved it and Pride is the sister ship. And the cruise includes 1/2 moon cay so it doesn't matter where else it goes since 1/2 moon is as close to heavan as you can get:)

We cruised on the Pride 3 years ago, and I cannot remember what we paid, but I know it was high.

It was itinerary with HMC, so it wasn't HORRIBLE.

I looked today, as Baltimore is an easy 6 hour drive, but the prices are ridiculous and the itineraries are BLAH ( Minus HMC ) :o

I agree that sometimes you are better off paying the air, and you can still end up cheaper.

Again, I cannot remember what we paid, but we booked an 8 night the following year on the Breeze, and all I remember was that it was cheaper than the Pride.:D:D

We cruised on the Pride 3 years ago, and I cannot remember what we paid, but I know it was high.

It was itinerary with HMC, so it wasn't HORRIBLE.

I looked today, as Baltimore is an easy 6 hour drive, but the prices are ridiculous and the itineraries are BLAH ( Minus HMC ) :o

I agree that sometimes you are better off paying the air, and you can still end up cheaper.

Again, I cannot remember what we paid, but we booked an 8 night the following year on the Breeze, and all I remember was that it was cheaper than the Pride.:D:D

The Grand Turk itinerary is good (minus Freeport). The Port Canaveral, Nassau, Freeport itinerary is BLAH, BLAH, and BLAH!

I just looked at the Grandeur leaving on May 29, and for 3 in a balcony cabin it is a little over 3500. i am paying 2200 for the same week. Thank you CCL

Not if you book with a major sale...We're looking at $799pp OV to Bermuda around that time...and that's for Bermuda!!

It's all about: lack of competion, time of year, and savy price monitering!

The prices are higher than most other Carnival cruises. It balances out 'cus most people don't have to pay air.

I don't see why Carnival or Royal for that matter - needs to make sure things balance out. I can see leaving from NYC because the taxes are so much higher, but why are they purposely pricing Baltimore cruises higher than Florida to go to the same 4 stops? It defeats the purpose for me to leave from a port I can drive or take the train to in a few hours but then pay the same or more to sail. Even adding in hotel and ground transportation it's still less expensive almost always.

As others have stated, you are correct. I actually brought this up to my TA recently as we live in NY and wanted to book on the Splendor but the price for five of us was way more expensive than trekking it to Miami. Needless to say, we chose Miami on the Breeze again next April and delayed the trip rather than pay an arm and leg for the Splendor. TA says he figures that Carnival gets us because there are people who are willing to pay the extra money instead of having to fly. Would be willing to drive to Baltimore, but the prices have to come down some.

Wow. We usually cruise from Baltimore in Feb. Our last Pride cruise in Feb.2014 we spent $539/ea. for a balcony. We'll sail again this Sept., same cabin, and we're paying around $700/ea. It depends on when you sail. The cruise prices have not really increased all that much over the years. What we have noticed is the base price is still pretty good, it's everything else that some of the lines are charging for nowadays; increased drink prices, specialty restaurants, etc.