Conquest, Victory, or Paradise?

SOMBRERO6

Opinions please on choosing a January cruise on one of these ships. One adult and one 18 yr old who would love spending time on the beach. She has never cruised but is open to any type of entertainment. Any suggestions on the warmest place to vacation? Conquest - Grand Turk and Dominican, and Half Moon Cay,...Victory-Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios...Paradise- Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Our choice of weeks in Jan. is limited, so I am trying to keep this to a 5 or day cruise> Thanks everyone!

Opinions please on choosing a January cruise on one of these ships. One adult and one 18 yr old who would love spending time on the beach. She has never cruised but is open to any type of entertainment. Any suggestions on the warmest place to vacation? Conquest - Grand Turk and Dominican, and Half Moon Cay,...Victory-Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios...Paradise- Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Our choice of weeks in Jan. is limited, so I am trying to keep this to a 5 or day cruise> Thanks everyone!

I have not been on Victory but have been on both Conquest and Paradise. Conquest is BY FAR a much nicer ship!!! I really really like the layout of Conquest!!! Paradise is what it is.....the only areas on Paradise that I was truly dissatisfied with were the staterooms! Everything else was perfectly fine for a 4/5 day cruise. I don't think I would want to spend 7 days on Paradise! We also LOVED Grand Turk!!!! That is a very relaxing stop!!!

I would pick one of the larger ships if the number of days is limited to 5 or less. I have sailed on the Paradise (December 2013) and she is old and need of some repair. Fantasy class ships have their perks, being small means you can be close to almost everything regardless where your cabin is, but the larger ships just have much more to offer.

Isn't that conquest cruise a 6 night? I would pick that itinerary. Half moon may be a bit cool if there's a cold front moving through the US but the other ports will be fine.

Conquest also does 5 day cruises.

Right. But the itinerary that the OP is referring to seems to be a 6 nighter. I had considered it but I finally selected the Breeze 5 nighter which doesn't include Half Moon.

Edited by Tapi

I have narrowed it down! I read about Fog problems in Tampa, and also reading reviews about the Paradise, I am still looking at the Conquest and the Victory. Conquest has the edge right now. I have never been to Grand Turk or Amber Cove... so I am eager to review these ports. I am trying to get her good beach weather. Would these two ports be safer than Ocho Rios?

I have narrowed it down! I read about Fog problems in Tampa, and also reading reviews about the Paradise, I am still looking at the Conquest and the Victory. Conquest has the edge right now. I have never been to Grand Turk or Amber Cove... so I am eager to review these ports. I am trying to get her good beach weather. Would these two ports be safer than Ocho Rios?

Cruise ships haven't been to Amber Cove yet. I have never heard of any safety concerns with Grand Turk. Some people consider Ocho Rios unsafe but I don't consider it unsafe. Just be aware of your surroundings in every port.

The paradise would be my pick. The ports are both fantastic. The ship is small, but very nice. I suggest Paradise Beach for Cozumel. Take a cab, and it's 2 dollars to get into the beach area. There is a pool, bar and if you want to you can pay $10 extra for the water activities. I suggest bringing your own snorkel and mask if that's something you're interested it, you can use them at both ports. Grand Cayman we did the USS Kittiwake snorkel and it was absolutely amazing.

Difficult choice for me. I guess I would choose Conquest because of where she leaves from, love the port and love the Conquest class ships. But also like the itinerary.

Obviously I would consider Victory too since I am booked for later this year, and do also like Miami, and the itinerary is similar. But have to say, that Paradise out of Tampa would be in my list of possibilities too, because I love Tampa but have not been on that class ship since 2000, also I prefer eastern itin to western at this time.

so..Conquest, Victory and Paradise in that order, but like them all.