Bermuda cruise on the Summit for $599pp..July 5... Why so low I wonder?

Vitamin_Sea

Yes... Cruises always a bargain when schools are open- April, May- June.

But I have never seen it this low for July when schools are closed and families are looking to travel. The supply & demand thing. Happy I saw it.

Good luck to you

Ah... that's where we southerners luck out... we've done Bermuda twice once in late may and the other early June and the prices weren't bad at all (we actually paid less the second time..early June... and got the drink package included!!)

Our kids get out of school May 21st :eek::D... but then again we go back second week in August :(

Bermuda is awesome!

Ah... that's where we southerners luck out... we've done Bermuda twice once in late may and the other early June and the prices weren't bad at all (we actually paid less the second time..early June... and got the drink package included!!)

Our kids get out of school May 21st :eek::D... but then again we go back second week in August :(

Bermuda is awesome!

there ya go!

Gotta take advantage of the low price

Well were booked on the 7/5 sailing. Also have the early dining.

I guess someone had it on hold and didnt want it so the cabin came back.

Wow!! you were able to get $150 OBC and the $599 price is fantastic!

I have no clue what the issue was but I'm glad I got in at that price! Plus early dining. Like I said when I tried to book directly w/ Celebrity I was told that early & late dining were full and that I had to do select dining & pre pay gratuities. UGH. But thankfully TA was able to get that taken care of.

I know $150 OBC is nice...its not free drink packages but hey better than nothing right!

Thanks again! Have fun...get the Summit ready for us!

Looks like the 8/9 sailing date is lower too.. we got the $599 deal through an online TA with $75 OBC… Not too shabby IMO for a summer cruise where everything we had looked at was starting at 799+ for an inside cabin out of NY/NJ. The cabin to us is not really a bid deal since i feel like I'm hardly in my room anyway.

We haven't been on a celebrity cruise in ten years back when we sailed the Galaxy before it left the fleet. Very excited to finally be back on cruise critic. Its been so long I forgot my login/pw and had to make a new username.. lol

We are in with the deposit!

Good for you! What we are seeing here is the flip side to the 123Go! promo on prices. While everyone was booking OV and above, to take advantage of the free perks, very few of these inside cabins sold. Downward pressure means someone else still gets a deal. ;)

Good for you! What we are seeing here is the flip side to the 123Go! promo on prices. While everyone was booking OV and above, to take advantage of the free perks, very few of these inside cabins sold. Downward pressure means someone else still gets a deal. ;)

Happy about the price indeed...

Its been going up a little since I got the $599 price

Looks like the 8/9 sailing date is lower too.. we got the $599 deal through an online TA with $75 OBC… Not too shabby IMO for a summer cruise where everything we had looked at was starting at 799+ for an inside cabin out of NY/NJ. The cabin to us is not really a bid deal since i feel like I'm hardly in my room anyway.

We haven't been on a celebrity cruise in ten years back when we sailed the Galaxy before it left the fleet. Very excited to finally be back on cruise critic. Its been so long I forgot my login/pw and had to make a new username.. lol

cant beat the deal for a summer cruise

So I just authorized and completed my booking.. but looking at the amount owed i noticed that they included pre-paid gratuities. When I initially booked i was able to check off that I did not want to prepay them but I guess because we chose anytime dining they had to be added..

On the plus side looks like we ended up with more OBC than we originally thought.. I guess my online TA was offering $75 and Celebrity was offering $50 so we ended up with $125 OBC which will be very nice.

So I just authorized and completed my booking.. but looking at the amount owed i noticed that they included pre-paid gratuities. When I initially booked i was able to check off that I did not want to prepay them but I guess because we chose anytime dining they had to be added..

On the plus side looks like we ended up with more OBC than we originally thought.. I guess my online TA was offering $75 and Celebrity was offering $50 so we ended up with $125 OBC which will be very nice.

Yes... when you do anytime dine you must prepay the grat.

OBC is good.

what was your base cruise rate pp?

Happy about the price indeed...

Its been going up a little since I got the $599 price

Yikes, looking at 2016, the inside cabins in July are $1,100! :eek:

I'm sure 2015 started out more expensive too, but the promos have altered demand. I would have booked the inside cabin too given the price jump to OV.

Yikes, looking at 2016, the inside cabins in July are $1,100! :eek:

I'm sure 2015 started out more expensive too, but the promos have altered demand. I would have booked the inside cabin too given the price jump to OV.

Yes, thats a steep price but no reason to book it now anyway

Yes... when you do anytime dine you must prepay the grat.

OBC is good.

what was your base cruise rate pp?

It was 599pp as we booked a GTY inside. Never done a guaranteed room before. We are not picky people so I'm sure we will manage in any room we get. We are just happy to be back on board this year. My mom and I have needed a vacation for so long already. We almost had to book it with those kinds of prices. We are going on the august 9th sailing. We are a little nervous to be sailing to Bermuda in august. Has anyone had problems of hurricanes?

It was 599pp as we booked a GTY inside. Never done a guaranteed room before. We are not picky people so I'm sure we will manage in any room we get. We are just happy to be back on board this year. My mom and I have needed a vacation for so long already. We almost had to book it with those kinds of prices. We are going on the august 9th sailing. We are a little nervous to be sailing to Bermuda in august. Has anyone had problems of hurricanes?

Yes I see the 599 price . its 1/2 the price of an OV. Its a good deal with the OBC to

Yes I see the 599 price . its 1/2 the price of an OV. Its a good deal with the OBC to

its possible that other cruise lines will drop their prices too as the dates get closer but I didn't want to leave it to the last minute. I think we got a great deal especially thats its on Celebrity! Would have liked a drink package too but the OBC will do just fine. We are not big drinkers. I don't really care for bottle water or specialty coffees. I may have a couple sodas and 2-3 drinks per day but I still don't think I would drink enough to cover a drink package.

its possible that other cruise lines will drop their prices too as the dates get closer but I didn't want to leave it to the last minute. I think we got a great deal especially thats its on Celebrity! Would have liked a drink package too but the OBC will do just fine. We are not big drinkers. I don't really care for bottle water or specialty coffees. I may have a couple sodas and 2-3 drinks per day but I still don't think I would drink enough to cover a drink package.

Yes... Its kinda weird to see prices fall during big supply/demand time though.

We have two cabins booked in August on the Grandeur of the Seas. Thinking of switching to the Summit. Cheaper, but we have some good OBC on the Grandeur and paid gratuities. Baltimore vs. NJ. Decisions, decisions.

HI

We are party 18 booked,

from Atlanta, Anderson sc, stamford Ct, weston ct and Albany ny

anyone know best place for parking? never left from NY before

countdown.pl?image=Beach-9&name=karela1&date=4-14-2015&text=&ship=Legend of the Seas

countdown.pl?image=Beach-8&name=karela1&date=7-5-2015&text=&ship=Celebrity Summit

Star Princess Hawaii January 19, 2014

Golden Princess Alaska June 20, 2013

Carnival feb 17, 2012

Freedom of the Sea Royal Crib feb 20, 2011

Carnival Victory Feb 21 2010

Veracruz 1989

We always park at the pier. It's $19 a day (includes tax). There's another cheaper place to park: Premier Parking, but it's had mixed reviews. It's $11.99 a day plus tax. For a one week cruise the Pier is $133 and Premier wants to charge us $125.13. Not enough of a difference in price, so I will park at the pier.

P.S. we are also in Stamford.

Edited by CruisingChick

We always park at the pier. It's $19 a day (includes tax). There's another cheaper place to park: Premier Parking, but it's had mixed reviews. It's $11.99 a day plus tax. For a one week cruise the Pier is $133 and Premier wants to charge us $125.13. Not enough of a difference in price, so I will park at the pier.

Good to know... We will drive or maybe take the train from NYC then taxi

• 3 weeks later...

has anyone signed up for meet and mingle???

has anyone been to Bermuda? Any suggestions on what to do in Bermuda, in our group of 18 kids ages range from 5 - 13

previous cruises

countdown.pl?image=Beach-9&name=karela1&date=4-14-2015&text=&ship=Legend of the Seas

countdown.pl?image=Beach-8&name=karela1&date=7-5-2015&text=&ship=Celebrity Summit

Star Princess Hawaii January 19, 2014

Golden Princess Alaska June 20, 2013

Carnival dream feb 17, 2012

Freedom of the Sea Royal Crib feb 20, 2011

Carnival Victory Feb 21 2010

Veracruz 1989

Edited by karela1

There is a roll call for this cruise http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2115974

We should all link up so that we can make sure of the connections party.

On another note prices for this sailing have been steadily dropping since I booked it. With the promotions and savings, I effectively can take another cruise this year.

I thought the same thing, but in this thread a poster gives a link to a much cheaper price.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1579572

In post #47:

http://www.parkwhiz.com/p/bayonne-pa...m&location_id=

I think we may give this a try.