Comfort Inn Paradise Island

SpideyHulk24

Is it true that if you book this hotel you get full access to Atlantis and the water park? Also, if you room is not ready will they still give you the access?

Thank you in advance! We are cruising on the Sunshine in August and can't wait!

Is it true that if you book this hotel you get full access to Atlantis and the water park? Also, if you room is not ready will they still give you the access?

Thank you in advance! We are cruising on the Sunshine in August and can't wait!

Yes you get full access to Atlantis for up to 4 people. We did this a couple of years ago. Kept checking prices and changing our reservation to get a better deal. Ended up paying only about $130 total which is far less than the ship's price for the excursion. Took a cab to Comfort Inn, checked in and out at the same time, never even saw our room. They are used to this there. Got our vouchers at check in and went right across the street to Atlantis. Enjoyed the Waterpark, beaches, aquarium...had a great day. Took a cab back to the ship, plenty of cabs available. Hope this helps!

Edited by bdink921

Yes you get full access to Atlantis for up to 4 people. We did this a couple of years ago. Kept checking prices and changing our reservation to get a better deal. Ended up paying only about $130 total which is far less than the ship's price for the excursion. Took a cab to Comfort Inn, checked in and out at the same time, never even saw our room. They are used to this there. Got our vouchers at check in and went right across the street to Atlantis. Enjoyed the Waterpark, beaches, aquarium...had a great day. Took a cab back to the ship, plenty of cabs available. Hope this helps!

That sounds like a nifty do it yourself excursion!

We just returned from our vacation, where we booked a room through the Comfort Inn & Suites, rather than booking through the cruise line to gain access to the Atlantis.

We arrived shortly before 9 AM. The staff at the desk couldn't have been more accommodating. Upon check-in, I received a discount as a AAA member, which brought the price of the room to $380 (I believe), but it was definitely under $400. Carnival wanted $179 per adult, and $149 per child. You do the math. Once we paid for our room, we were sent across the street to the Atlantis with our paperwork. This is the hardest part of the process. We had never been here before, and the place is massive. After being told by 3 different Atlantis employees to go to the wrong place, we finally made our way to the correct location. We had to wait in line to get our wrist bands. While we waited, the kids went and started gawking at the fish, which is the beginning of the Big Dig. Once we got our wrist bands, we were free to explore the Atlantis in it's entirety!

We left the Atlantis around 6 PM and went back to the hotel. We had a beer at the pool while the kids swam. We then went back to our room, showered and changes, and caught a cab back to the ship.

This is a great option. Do it without hesitation!

We just returned from our vacation, where we booked a room through the Comfort Inn & Suites, rather than booking through the cruise line to gain access to the Atlantis.

We arrived shortly before 9 AM. The staff at the desk couldn't have been more accommodating. Upon check-in, I received a discount as a AAA member, which brought the price of the room to $380 (I believe), but it was definitely under $400. Carnival wanted $179 per adult, and $149 per child. You do the math. Once we paid for our room, we were sent across the street to the Atlantis with our paperwork. This is the hardest part of the process. We had never been here before, and the place is massive. After being told by 3 different Atlantis employees to go to the wrong place, we finally made our way to the correct location. We had to wait in line to get our wrist bands. While we waited, the kids went and started gawking at the fish, which is the beginning of the Big Dig. Once we got our wrist bands, we were free to explore the Atlantis in it's entirety!

We left the Atlantis around 6 PM and went back to the hotel. We had a beer at the pool while the kids swam. We then went back to our room, showered and changes, and caught a cab back to the ship.

This is a great option. Do it without hesitation!

Yes, I've done it several times. I see where most people take advantage of the Atlantis pass but skip using the room. We, like you did, always use the room to shower and change, and DH loves to relax and catch up on tv/sports while teens and I have fun doing Atlantis water stuff!!

Btw, it's even more fun when you save CHOICEHOTEL POINTS, and get it all for free!!

• 4 months later...

ForSharonB...I'm looking at doing this with the ChoiceHotelPoints, too!!! It's not even that expensive, in terms of point value!!!

A few hitches...we are a family of 5, and the room only allows 4, so I'll have to see how much it will be for my 5th person, who is only 4 years old.

Can anyone tell me how much the taxi is each way to Atlantis from the cruise port? We'll be arriving on the Carnival Conquest.

Thanks!!!

ForSharonB...I'm looking at doing this with the ChoiceHotelPoints, too!!! It's not even that expensive, in terms of point value!!!

A few hitches...we are a family of 5, and the room only allows 4, so I'll have to see how much it will be for my 5th person, who is only 4 years old.

Can anyone tell me how much the taxi is each way to Atlantis from the cruise port? We'll be arriving on the Carnival Conquest.

Thanks!!!

It's around 4 pp. You will not be able to purchase a 5th pass from CS.

Thanks!!!

You would have to either purchase 1 pass thru the cruiseship, or risk trying to get a same day pass when you get to Atlantis (they are not guaranteed). CS does NOT sell day passes.

Thanks for the info! I have a reservation for 4 (2 adults, 2 kids) at the Comfort Suites. That just leaves one kiddo left....So if I go online to one of the sites that sells day passes, and I purchase an "Atlantis Aquaventure" day pass for our 3rd child, will that give her the same access that the other 4 of us will be getting by booking the CS room?

The Atlantis Aquaventure pass includes:

Water Slides - 18 thrilling water slides

River Rides - The Current & The Rapids

Pools - 11 distinctly different pools

Beach - Miles of white sand & crystal water

The Dig Aquarium

Lounge Chairs & Towels

It looks like it will cost $86 (assuming they will allow me to buy just one child ticket)

Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...