Cabin ready time?

I have a newbie question, and since its Specific to Carnival, I figured I would ask here. From what I have read about Carnival, it appears that I shouldn't expect my cabin to be ready when we board, especially if we board earlier rather than later. So my question is, how do you find out when your cabin is ready? Do they give you a specific time when you board?

Only Platinum, Diamond and FTTF guests can go right to their cabins when they board. Cabins for others are generally ready at 1:30 PM, and an announcement is made over the PA system letting everyone know. The fire doors to the corridors are opened at that time also. Prior to that they're closed and there's a sign saying only Platinum, Diamond and FTTF can go to their cabins.

Edited by nwcruiselover

It is usually 1:30, but they sometimes tell you at check in what time they are estimating. Also there is usually an announcement made on board inviting you to head to you cabins when the are ready.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app