How Early To Book to Get Earlier Seating?

I've heard about people saying when they booked later they had to get late dining and be waitlisted for early dining. How early would I need to book to avoid that on Freedom? We will have 6 people coming. With a child, late seating wouldn't work at all, but I'm happy with my time or early seating. I just wasn't sure how early I had to book to be pretty certain to get that. Thanks!

I've heard about people saying when they booked later they had to get late dining and be waitlisted for early dining. How early would I need to book to avoid that on Freedom? We will have 6 people coming. With a child, late seating wouldn't work at all, but I'm happy with my time or early seating. I just wasn't sure how early I had to book to be pretty certain to get that. Thanks!

Just a thought, but keep in mind the time zone of the ship vs the time zone of where you're from. I always request 8:30 seating because for me, that is actually 5:30, so the early seating would mean I'm eating dinner at 3 in the afternoon. I realize we acclimate and operate on the ship's time zone, but for me it takes a few days and my stomach doesn't necessarily switch over. The other benefit (I think) of later seating is that you don't have to get back to the ship as early on port days. If you have several people using the shower or a woman who wants to re-wash or straighten her hair and do her makeup, that could take a while and a 6:30 seating after getting back to the ship at 5 could feel rushed. I like 8:30 seating, so if that's what you end up with, it does have it's benefits. You can also eat at the windjammer buffet for a snack beforehand.

Just a thought, but keep in mind the time zone of the ship vs the time zone of where you're from. I always request 8:30 seating because for me, that is actually 5:30, so the early seating would mean I'm eating dinner at 3 in the afternoon. I realize we acclimate and operate on the ship's time zone, but for me it takes a few days and my stomach doesn't necessarily switch over. The other benefit (I think) of later seating is that you don't have to get back to the ship as early on port days. If you have several people using the shower or a woman who wants to re-wash or straighten her hair and do her makeup, that could take a while and a 6:30 seating after getting back to the ship at 5 could feel rushed. I like 8:30 seating, so if that's what you end up with, it does have it's benefits. You can also eat at the windjammer buffet for a snack beforehand.

If it was just my wife and I, I wouldn't care when we ate. However, my daughter goes to bed at 8:30 which would be 9:30 on this ship, and she tends to be up really early. Also, my grandmother will be coming with us and she has issues that make her not be able to eat very close to her sleeping so late seating wouldn't work for either of them and we'd probably just end up at windjammer. I much prefer the MDR to the windjammer though.

Do be sure to let RC or your TA know if there are any specific reasons you need an earlier seating. They may be able to bump you up the list.

OF course there is always MTD (My Time Dining). It is possible to reserve the same time every night with them as well and if you go see the MTD head waiter once you get onboard, you may even be able to arrange the same table if you like.

Do be sure to let RC or your TA know if there are any specific reasons you need an earlier seating. They may be able to bump you up the list.

OF course there is always MTD (My Time Dining). It is possible to reserve the same time every night with them as well and if you go see the MTD head waiter once you get onboard, you may even be able to arrange the same table if you like.

Gotcha, that makes sense. I wonder if you call the customer service number and tell them you want to book early dining but that the website isn't letting you choose if they'll do it for you on their end. Sometimes they save seating for travel agents (from what I've read) and there really is room, it just doesn't show available to people online. Maybe they can override an early dining table for you. I also hear that there is a "my time dining" option in the main dining room and you can show up whenever you want. Perhaps try that route if they won't let you book the seating you want.

I booked mid February for a June cruise on Oasis and was shocked that the early traditional was still available. I was a happy camper :)

There's no way there can be a definite answer as to how early, but I can say for sure that the earlier the better.