Boarding Time

Viv0828

DD is taking a 4 day cruise from the LA area this weekend. She got an email from Carnival yesterday telling her not arrive for boarding till 3pm. I believe the ship leaves at 5pm. Should she do that or can she arrive earlier to board? TIA!

Edited by Viv0828

I agree with the 11:30 time frame for Long Beach departures. They may be doing some testing that may delay things so read the email carefuly. If they're doing testing it doesn't hurt to wait til 3pm since your room will be ready by then and it may get crowded if the ship is delayed boarding for some reason. I usually get there around 1 or 1:30 and have hardly any wait.

I would still arrive early. We are always at the port by 10:30 or 11. When we sailed out of Canaveral in 2008 we were turned away at the gate at 11 o'clock and told me to come back at one. It really wasn't a big deal it was either wait in the canal valaria or wait at home. we found a couple local store picked up a few things that we had forgotten to get filled the car with gas and by the time we got back to the port 45 minutes later they were letting people in for parking. we were on the ship by 1230.I would chance it and get there early the worst that's going to happen is that she's going to have to wait the best case scenario is she gets extra time on her short cruise.

DD is taking a 4 day cruise from the LA area this weekend. She got an email from Carnival yesterday telling her not arrive for boarding till 3pm. I believe the ship leaves at 5pm. Should she do that or can she arrive earlier to board? TIA!

Always arrive when YOU want to and ignore any memos that tell you to get there later. They are usually bogus, and used just to stagger the crowds. To me that is not crowd control.

However there are times the ship is delayed, so if you do go early, pack some snack is, some drinks, and some patience.

Bon voyage!