New video: "Celebrity Solstice Crew Area Tour"

SeaCBear

This is a recent upload to YouTube, and it's quite long (just over two hours), but we really enjoyed it, especially as we'll be on the Silhouette in a little over two weeks.

It was fascinating to see behind the scenes on every deck, especially the areas where the crew relax and unwind - those areas were much nicer than I had expected, to be honest! We recognized a few crew members I think.

I agree - I don't think we should be touring through the crew's down time spaces!

But this is an official Celebrity training video, to introduce crew to the Solstice class of ships, and give them some sense of what to expect if they've only worked on the Millennium class ships - I think this is a great idea.

Whether Celebrity sanctioned, or is aware that the video has been posted on YouTube is another question. It may disappear soon, although I don't think the video reflects poorly on Celebrity at all.

Interesting. And we will watch it on Youtube. Great as a "one off" but I think the crew on the ships deserve their privacy and that "Crew Area Tours for $100" will never happen.
Edited by SeaCBear

Interesting. And we will watch it on Youtube. Great as a "one off" but I think the crew on the ships deserve their privacy and that "Crew Area Tours for $100" will never happen.

Never say never.

We did a behind the scenes tour in March on the Constellation. It took us EVERYWHERE (except crew cabins which I understand). It was fantastic!!! One of the best "excursions" I've ever done. Ended with lunch in Ocean Liners. All in all, it was about 5 hours long.

It was $150 per person. Well worth it (at least once). Our concierge in Michael's arranged it for a group of us (but I believe it was available to anyone on the ship).

Shawn

Edited by KW Cruisers

We're on the Solstice in Jan. 2016. I will consider a "Ships Tour" on this cruise. We did it on a Panama Canal transit on a Princess cruise in 2010. Absolutely fascinating! From the keel to the stacks. Crews quarters and recreation. Medical facilities-Impressed; Engineering - Gray water can be consumed?-you bet. The bridge - just too cool and finished with Champagne and cakes with the Captain and officers. If you want to know how this "City-at-Sea" operates, go for it.

This is a cool video! We watched it on our TV screen and found it very interesting, especially being able to view the crew living areas, cafeteria(s), and recreation facilities. The tone of this training video is very positive and supportive of new crew members. Celebrity HR people seem to realize how overwhelming joining an S-class ship might be for a newbie who may have never even traveled outside his/her home country.