PCC won't answer emails

We booked our trip after getting a few calls, a postcard from a PCC, now that he has our $$ I can't get the guy to answer my emails, he also has a personal FB page, I messaged him on that too, the same result, can I call NCL and request a new PCC? :confused:

We booked our trip after getting a few calls, a postcard from a PCC, now that he has our $$ I can't get the guy to answer my emails, he also has a personal FB page, I messaged him on that too, the same result, can I call NCL and request a new PCC? :confused:

Yes. You can also talk to whomever answers the phone and have them deal with whatever you were contacting your PCC for.

Harriet

Yep, ask for a new one. If it's a general NCL cruise question though personally some of us on here know a lot more than the PCCs.

The last time I contacted mine I ended up speaking 20-30mins telling him what was going on, what new features on the new builds etc... :eek:

Yep, ask for a new one. If it's a general NCL cruise question though personally some of us on here know a lot more than the PCCs.

The last time I contacted mine I ended up speaking 20-30mins telling him what was going on, what new features on the new builds etc... :eek:

Fair enough, my question was about the AARP discount, I have seen where certain cruises have the discount but some don't, am I safe to assume that if it doesn't say there's a discount that there isn't one?

Fair enough, my question was about the AARP discount, I have seen where certain cruises have the discount but some don't, am I safe to assume that if it doesn't say there's a discount that there isn't one?

When checking fares...check off the AARP checkbox and select a cabin.

If the discount applies to that cruise, you will see a choice of two fares for the cabin.

If no choice shows, there is no discount.

Edited by computerworks

When checking fares...check off the AARP checkbox and select a cabin.

If the discount applies to that cruise, you will see a choice of two fares for the cabin.

If no choice shows, there is no discount.

Thank you for the clarification, that's what I thought too but you just never know.

I am new to NCL. My first interaction with NCL PCC was very similar to yours. After I booked, he would not return my calls. I would leave messages and emails. He would sometimes respond that he would get back to me, but never did.

I finally called to cancel my cruise because I had a bad feeling about everything, and this was a long cruise with a new to me cruise line. I called PCC and tried to cancel the reservation. Then, he returned the call! He said he was one of the top PCCs and was quite busy all the time. I agreed to give him another chance, mainly because I thought maybe the current promo had kept him really busy. However, a few days later, I left a message and an email, and he would not answer the phone or respond to the email even after our heart to heart second chance conversation.

I then contacted his supervisor to cancel the trip. She talked me into keeping the booking but assigned a new PCC. I asked if the commission would go to the new PCC, because I didn't want to have someone help me that wasn't going to get credit for the booking.

She said the first PCC gets the commission even if the booking is reassigned. This was too much for me. I canceled and booked through a travel agent, which I've never done before. I like to have direct access to the cruise line, but in this case, I just couldn't.

We chose this cruise because if its unique ports of call and number of days. Otherwise, it would have been with a cruise line with whom I am more familiar and a PCC that I have used and trust in the past.

I hope I made the right decision. I can't possibly say at this point. I am leaving in a week, and I'll admit, some of the discussions about how NCL has handled the RS charges has taken some of the joy of anticipation out of my cruise. My ship is not affected, as far as I know, but it could be by the time we board. It will be a disappointment to my family, who does enjoy room service in the morning.

I have also been puzzled by the pushback from members on this board that have vehemently supported NCL for not grandfathering those of us who paid our final payment before the change was implemented.

Anyway, what is done is done. Perhaps if I were more familiar with how wonderful NCL was, I'd have no worries. As of now, I am just trying to focus on the ports of call and excursions, and hoping I don't have to deal much with NCL customer service since I haven't had a great experience dealing directly with NCL yet.

There's no reason to panic with these high turnover rates among PCC at their call centers - DW just got "spam" emailed again by a new one. Waiting for my newly assigned one to start pounding my contact # (hello, talk to my Google Voice ...) One was good in helping us with a complicated group booking and even called us after our sailing to see how things went, 3 months later - gone without a trace.

The same brick-n-mortar specialized T/A we used selectively for our needs is still around all these years

There's no reason to panic with these high turnover rates among PCC at their call centers - DW just got "spam" emailed again by a new one. Waiting for my newly assigned one to start pounding my contact # (hello, talk to my Google Voice ...) One was good in helping us with a complicated group booking and even called us after our sailing to see how things went, 3 months later - gone without a trace.

The same brick-n-mortar specialized T/A we used selectively for our needs is still around all these years

Not panicking, just annoyed is all, you kind of build up a rapport with someone, then they are gone.

Have had the same PCC for 5 years now and he is a ROCKSTAR!! When he is on vacation he has a colleague that he refers his cruisers to so that the coverage is seamless whether he is in the office or not. Answers emails and handles price adjustments on nights, weekends, etc. Wouldn't trade him for anything!!!

We had a ,ahem, rockstar PCC, too. At least in his mind.

Was trying to book a third cruise reservation, couldn't reach him on phone or email or even his special cell phone. Hubble ended up just booking it online.

When I called to make some changes to another reservation, he yelled at me.a real dressing down.

That didn't go well for me.

At present there are5 different PCCS that email me. Don't use any of them. When I see a price adjustment or a need info, I call the general line, get a confirmation, or call/email the pre-concierge or email the socialmedia email.

I have found the PCC system as useless as it is on RCCL. And I don't particularly need a personal relationship or rapppport with a particular person in order to have an enjoyable cruise experience. You' will have a great cruise or you wont-the PCC has nothing to do with it!

Info that you receive on CC is probably more accurate.

We had a ,ahem, rockstar PCC, too. At least in his mind.

Was trying to book a third cruise reservation, couldn't reach him on phone or email or even his special cell phone. Hubble ended up just booking it online.

When I called to make some changes to another reservation, he yelled at me.a real dressing down.

That didn't go well for me.

At present there are5 different PCCS that email me. Don't use any of them. When I see a price adjustment or a need info, I call the general line, get a confirmation, or call/email the pre-concierge or email the socialmedia email.

I have found the PCC system as useless as it is on RCCL. And I don't particularly need a personal relationship or rapppport with a particular person in order to have an enjoyable cruise experience. You' will have a great cruise or you wont-the PCC has nothing to do with it!

Info that you receive on CC is probably more accurate.

I have a low tolerance for BS so I think i'll take your recommendation and just call the main number. If the system doesn't work (PCC's) they should just eliminate it, JMO

I have also had issues with our PCC. At first he seemed great. Very knowledgeable and got things done quickly. I told him the promos we wanted and what side of the boat we wanted to be on. He said he would make it happen. Paid the deposit and then he sent the invoices. Well the promos were incorrect and definitely not on the right side I wanted. So I called him back and he stated he was busy but would get those fixed right away. 2 days later still nothing. So I called again. He told me not to worry he could fix those at any time. And I requested to take the insurance off. He told me we needed to leave it on for at least 30 days. I waited a few more days and just decided to call the main number and have them do what I wanted. I also requested a new PCC. They transfered me over to his group and I told the person I wanted a new PCC. They then put my old one on and he asked me why! I was not happy. I told him that he would not make the changes when I requested them and that I felt it would be better for everyone if I just switched. So they put in the request. That was in January and I still have not gotten a new PCC. I'm not a difficult person to deal with. I do my research so that when I call I can tell them exactly what I want and it saves time on both of us. But I don't appreciate when I request changes to be made that should've been there to begin with, and am told it only takes a couple minutes but still do not get them done 2 days later and no response from my PCC. And I think it was highly inappropriate that they put him on the phone when I was requesting a new PCC. Oh well. I will just continue to call the main number and have them do what I need.

Edited by jeja911

Mine was pretty good. But of course, because of CC and all the good info here, I knew much more about the ship and NCL than he did.

Called to book a 2016 cruise to Bermuda yesterday and he is gone. Not sure how, but a new PCC contacted me. He seems ok. Says he's in an office near Ft. Lauderdale....?

You should be fine calling the main number. Good luck!

Mine was pretty good. But of course, because of CC and all the good info here, I knew much more about the ship and NCL than he did.

Called to book a 2016 cruise to Bermuda yesterday and he is gone. Not sure how, but a new PCC contacted me. He seems ok. Says he's in an office near Ft. Lauderdale....?

You should be fine calling the main number. Good luck!

Thanks for the advise, like I said earlier, i'm just annoyed at this system, they should fix it if it's as broken as everyone on here seems that from the time they book to the time they sail their PCC's are gone.

My best advice is to NOT use a PCC. If you want to book a cruise on the phone, just call the 800- number. Talk to whomever answers the phone. The next time you call to discuss your reservation, you can speak to whomever answers the phone.

The biggest problem with using a PCC is that s/he is the only person who can manipulate your reservation once s/he books it. So, don't put yourself in that position and everything should be convenient for you.

The biggest problem with using a PCC is that s/he is the only person who can manipulate your reservation once s/he books it. So, don't put yourself in that position and everything should be convenient for you.

I didn't have that experience. This morning I called to upgrade to a balcony because the price dropped. My PCC was out of the office, I assume since it's the weekend, and another PCC assisted me.