disembarkation venice questions

allmotormark

we are taking the lirica on a cruise round trip venice. it says we are going to arrive back in venice at 8:00am. I have family picking us up at the port. so I have 2 questions. When would we be expected to get off (we will be in no rush) we would like to take our time and have breakfast. when could we let our family know when to pick us up? thanks

we are taking the lirica on a cruise round trip venice. it says we are going to arrive back in venice at 8:00am. I have family picking us up at the port. so I have 2 questions. When would we be expected to get off (we will be in no rush) we would like to take our time and have breakfast. when could we let our family know when to pick us up? thanks

The time you get off may well depend on when you are going on the cruise.

On two of my five cruises returning to Venice , which were taken in Oct/Nov, we were held outside the port by fog until 10:30 to 11:00am.

Those times we didn't get off until around midday.

On the other occasions the ships (all MSC) were keen to get you off as quick as possible and the ship was cleared of passngers by about 09:45.

They wanted people out of their cabins by 07:00, so we talked nicely to our steward, (we had built up a good rapport with him during the cruise by always taking time to say hello and have a short chat with him whenever we met him), the generous tip given to him the night before helped, and we arranged to leave our hand luggage in the cabin until 08:00. This allowed us to have a leisurely breakfast (07:00 - 08:00) without having to lug our luggage with us. The steward just started to clean his other rooms (they have 21 each) before coming to ours.

Given that you can get off with the last people (at ~ 09:45) and allowing for customs/immigration and baggage claim (20 minutes - 30 minutes) I would suggest 10:15 - 10:30.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

thanks a lot, but for example if i am given an 8:30 disembarkation do i have to get off then or can we still hang around?

you are at liberty to hang around until the last group are called or you can request to be put into the last group by visiting reception prior to the last evening

Edited by Skier52

Having disemarked the Preziosa in Venice last year, I'll just add a personal remembrance: the atmosphere on the final day was a bit like being in Monte Carlo the day after the Grand Prix...

The lounge chairs were stacked and locked, and staff were practically non-existent. I think attention had turned to the new passengers.

That doesn't specifically answer your question - although Pete did. I just wouldn't expect a lot of service or ambiance on your final day.