Catholic Mass on Carnival ships?

erin327

Thanks! Hopefully there will be one on board. We would appreciate it, but it would win big points with my in laws who will be with us and on their first cruise. We will certainly use masstimes.org to find a mass the day we disembark. We are doing the 8 night Breeze cruise though, so we board on Saturday morning and don't disembark until the following Sunday. We won't be able to do mass in port that first weekend.

Thanks! Hopefully there will be one on board. We would appreciate it, but it would win big points with my in laws who will be with us and on their first cruise. We will certainly use masstimes.org to find a mass the day we disembark. We are doing the 8 night Breeze cruise though, so we board on Saturday morning and don't disembark until the following Sunday. We won't be able to do mass in port that first weekend.

It is unlikely there will be a Mass on board.

I've seen Catholic priests offer Mass on a couple of our cruises, but it's not regularly scheduled - it does depend on whether there is a priest on board who can conduct Mass. Our parish priest is a regular cruiser who gets a discount on his cruises by offering services aboard ship (not Carnival).

Does any cruise ship line have a small, dedicated chapel? And for those here on cruise critic that are Christian, Happy Easter.

Many ships have Chapels. Carnival Spirit class does, Fantasy class does not. The four Princess ships I've been on do.

The chapels are used for other things. Friends of Bill meetings. We had Chinese Karaoke scheduled in the Golden Princess chapel. Know this because our cabin was across the hall.

Matter of point ...

Any Jewish service onboard has just had the set up, no clergy. Jewish services do not require any clergy. Only a person knowledgable enough to lead them and 10 people ( over 13yo) for certain prayers.